• The KillerFrogs

OT- More Stupidity From TCU

LVH

TCU Magazine is a liberal rag these days and serves no better purpose than birdcage liner or fireplace starter.

The last one I got was 100% devoted to race and race hustling. Cover to end.

I personally told them not to waste the paper on my copy anymore after that.

They has always referred to a person of an unspecified gender:

"Why don't you ask someone if they could go with you"

"They" does not refer to more than one person in this instance.

You learned something here today.

Unspecified gender because not referring to a specific person. Not the gender fluidity and other PC BS that is currently highjacking our language.

3d below is recent and [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] IMO. There are only two sexes. You can identify as a nonbinary giraffe if you want but you either have an outie or an innie and therefore a corresponding pronoun.

Your welcome.

Definition of they

1: those ones : those people, animals, or thingsThey dance well.What do they want to do?They aren't as popular as they once were.
2—used to refer to people in a general way or to a group of people who are not specifiedYou know what they say.People can do what they want.They say the trial could go on for weeks.He's as lazy as they come.
3a—used with a singular indefinite pronoun antecedentNo one has to go if they don't want to.Everyone knew where they stood …— E. L. Doctorow
b—used with a singular antecedent to refer to an unknown or unspecified personAn employee with a grievance can file a complaint if they need to.The person who answered the phone said they didn't know where she was.
c—used to refer to a single person whose gender is intentionally not revealedA student was found with a knife and a BB gun in their backpack Monday, district spokeswoman Renee Murphy confirmed. The student, whose name has not been released, will be disciplined according to district policies, Murphy said. They also face charges from outside law enforcement, she said.— Olivia Krauth
d—used to refer to a single person whose gender identity is nonbinary (see NONBINARY sense c)I knew certain things about … the person I was interviewing.… They had adopted their gender-neutral name a few years ago, when they began to consciously identify as nonbinary—that is, neither male nor female. They were in their late 20s, working as an event planner, applying to graduate school.— Amy Harmon

3d is recent and [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] IMO. Until very recently "they" was used where gender was indefinite because you were not referring to a specific person. Not the gender fluidity and other PC BS that has highjacked our language.

Punter1

I'm sure many of y'all will find this petty and not worth posting about, but I personally found it so ridiculously stupid that TCU deserves to be called out publicly.

For as long as I can remember, it's been a fun tradition to get your wedding picture published in TCU Magazine with all of your TCU friends doing the "go frogs" hand sign, especially if you marry a fellow Horned Frog. I know my wife and I had our picture published with all the TCU alumni that attended our wedding, and we still have a copy of that magazine at our house.

My friend from TCU got married this past year and has a really cool picture with her, her husband, their tcu wedding guests, and super frog who made an appearance.

HOWEVER, TCU Magazine refuses to publish the picture because the wedding "coincided with the pandemic." How scheissing stupid is that? Just mind numbing. Shame on you TCU Magazine and all those involved with your idiocy.

I hate people more and more everyday....

Armadillo

I used to love getting the TCU Magazine in the mail, especially after I moved back to austin in 2001 (I’m TCU Class of 94).

But in the last 3 to 5 years, I’ve seen a real shift in the stories they publish, as well as the tone of the magazine. It’s all diversity this and inclusion that and profiles in anti racist courage.

I love and miss Ft. Worth and I still love TCU in spirit based on my memories and friendships made from 1990 thru 1994. But it’s run by a bunch of woke folks now. I am truly embarrassed by those who are in leadership.

And people like illinifrog can call me boomer, or anything else they want to try to paint me as an old bitter white man. But that’s not me. I’m live and let live baby! But I hate woke libs shoving their BS in my face. And they do. That’s the TCU magazine.

LVH

TCU is a s**thole these days. The influx of out of state students is no coincidence. Not another dime.

The school has decided to go all in in terms of attracting rich 1%ers from California. That is TCU's target demographic now.

Then they give out scholarships to low income students to check off diversity boxes and say "We aren't all about rich students!!!".

The student from a middle class background has been completely priced out.

I can't wait for the higher education bubble to pop. It's completely out of control. No secondary education is worth $60k a year. I even think $30k a year is a stretch.

YA

Bunch of snowflakes around here. Who the living cares!!

Not one person in my world or in any business that I deal with gives a crap about anything TCU but sports.

Do you people really sit around and talk about this outside this board?

asleep003

been attending church with crowds for months without masks, have been eating in restaurants for months without masks, have been going into stores for months without masks and attended events with crowds.
Not surprised Eight, LOL ! ... However, he did say the past year... and who knows what part of the pandemic Maniac's friend was wedded.

If it were a few months ago and everyone had been vaccinated or at least masked up, then shouldn't be much of an issue.

But if it were 2020/early 2021, could definitely see the magazines point.