• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Gary Patterson says TCU football has one thing in common with undefeated Rose Bowl team

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Gary Patterson says TCU football has one thing in common with undefeated Rose Bowl team

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU football coach Gary Patterson isn’t shying away from putting high expectations on this year’s team.

Patterson compared the chemistry throughout the offseason to that of the 2010 team that went 13-0 and won a Rose Bowl.

“We feel like we have a nucleus, but you’ve got to stay healthy, you’ve got to have chemistry and you have to have a little luck,” Patterson said during a radio interview on ESPN Central Texas’ Matt Mosley Show.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article252613303.html

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Ok, a little help on the Rose Bowl season—what game required luck to win? Did we have any lucky bounces, fumbles, bad calls go our way? I don’t remember that far back.

WhatTheFrog

Ok, a little help on the Rose Bowl season—what game required luck to win? Did we have any lucky bounces, fumbles, bad calls go our way? I don’t remember that far back.
I don't think that's what he was referring to. The one thing the teams have in common is the head coach.

Zubaz

(Brotzman, the same kicker that cost Boise the Boise/TCU game in Boise.)

Nope. This was Brotzman's senior season. Dan Goodale was the kicker that missed in 2011 at Boise.

Brotzman was, however, the punter that threw the fake punt that ultimately led them to beat us in the Fiesta Bowl.

Zubaz

SDSU was pretty crazy, but probably the Rose Bowl itself was the only game that could qualify as "a little lucky".