• The KillerFrogs

The Transfer Portal claims another one...

Purp

I'm happy for Darwin and hope he does very well at USC. I think the fact that he landed there speaks to the quality and depth of our RB room. At a minimum he was behind Evans and Miller on the depth chart and was likely to be competing for 3rd string touches with Foster. Demarcado was always going to get more than his fair share of plays too presumably b/c of experience and blocking, but I've never been as impressed with his running ability as I was with Barlow's and I also haven't really thought he was that great of a blocker either. Nevertheless, he was also ahead of Barlow, but not for as long as the others.

I think this boiled down to Darwin seeing that he was behind 2 guys who were FRESHMEN at the same time he was and possibly on par with a 3rd in the same class. He had to go somewhere else to get touches or his pro prospects would essentially be nonexistent. I said the moment he announced that he entered the portal that he would likely be the rare exception of a TCU xfer that lands in a higher profile spot with a potentially greater opportunity for personal and team success. I'm not surprised by this. I expect him to do well there and I'll be rooting for him.

Now the real question will be whether he's referred to constantly as "TCU transfer Darwin Barlow" on every telecast. Regardless, this proves that the talent in our RB room is deep and wide. If our OCs can't make the most of this group they need to be burned at the stake.