• The KillerFrogs

POLL: After the loss of Schloss, who's next?

Poll: TCU's Next Baseball Coach

• Kirk Saarloos

Votes: 125 73.1%
  • Bill Mosiello

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Todd Whitting

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dan Heefner

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • Cliff Godwin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 12 7.0%

• Total voters

mc1502

Don't know who is the next head coach, but I hope the person is set to be a head coach and knows to hire good assistants by skills.

That said, The idea of a national search may have more to do with appearances than issues with either of the two already here. Baseball may not get the same attention as football does when hiring coaches, but the school needs to show a history of open job searches. Otherwise, it will be used against the school with negative publicity when GP retires down the road and they want to promote from within or have a specific replacement in mind. Even if the publicity does have little impact, it is setting up to save face so to speak.
Yep
Or is it Ragina?

Rough update this morning, some publicly sourced:

- Calls, informal interviews, discussions, etc. have continued post-haste this week.

- TCU still focused on doing a thorough search... As I mentioned, there IS good reason to do this, as the "quiet name" is just one example of a current, successful coach who has indicated he would be interested in talking more (and is somebody TCU may not have put on their own list). Kudos to TCU, Schloss, and the job profile.

- Timing remains a hurdle, and perfection is the enemy. Don't forget what happened at Texas years ago, you can go from your #1 to #10 choice really fast if you don't move fast when your #3 is ready to go. Getting the sense the admin is very aware of this. Keep in mind... this work started weeks/months ago, they didn't just start looking this week. Nobody was caught flat-footed.

- Still think Saarloos is the most likely name... As has been reported elsewhere, Mo is going to get an interview, but I don't believe he is a "serious" candidate to get the job.

Saarloos (still the most likely)
Heefner (most preferred external candidate) - Feeling "cool" to me at this point
Chris Pollard @ Duke
Link Jarrett @ Notre Dame
Jake Gautreau @ Miss St.
Bill Mosiello
Whitting
Quiet Name(s)

MTfrog5

Gautreau is really intriguing to me and think he’s so very well. I’d assume Schloss will go after him pretty hard as well to be his hitting guy.

tcuwags

Rough update this morning, some publicly sourced:

- Calls, informal interviews, discussions, etc. have continued post-haste this week.

- TCU still focused on doing a thorough search... As I mentioned, there IS good reason to do this, as the "quiet name" is just one example of a current, successful coach who has indicated he would be interested in talking more (and is somebody TCU may not have put on their own list). Kudos to TCU, Schloss, and the job profile.

- Timing remains a hurdle, and perfection is the enemy. Don't forget what happened at Texas years ago, you can go from your #1 to #10 choice really fast if you don't move fast when your #3 is ready to go. Getting the sense the admin is very aware of this. Keep in mind... this work started weeks/months ago, they didn't just start looking this week. Nobody was caught flat-footed.

- Still think Saarloos is the most likely name... As has been reported elsewhere, Mo is going to get an interview, but I don't believe he is a "serious" candidate to get the job.

Saarloos (still the most likely)
Heefner (most preferred external candidate) - Feeling "cool" to me at this point
Chris Pollard @ Duke
Link Jarrett @ Notre Dame
Jake Gautreau @ Miss St.
Bill Mosiello
Whitting
Quiet Name(s)

Back on the rails.

Paint It Purple

Back on the rails.
Serious question: Some have said so, others have wondered... does KS really truly want a head coaching gig. Some say that KS is comfortable in Fort Worth and at TCU doing what he does. So...should another head man be hired and he wanted KS as an assistant. Would KS be willing to stay? Or, MOS for that matter?