• The KillerFrogs

POLL: After the loss of Schloss, who's next?

Poll: TCU's Next Baseball Coach

• Kirk Saarloos

Votes: 125 73.1%
  • Bill Mosiello

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Todd Whitting

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dan Heefner

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • Cliff Godwin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 12 7.0%

• Total voters

Pharm Frog

Not saying this is CKS but there are also some people who don't want to be head coaches. I see this all the time in high school sports. Plenty of coaches just want to be an assistant or the OC or DC in football.

I think KS wants to be a head coach. I hope he wants to be a head coach. And if the decision-maker entrusted with the administration and future of the athletic department decides he’s the man, then excellent and let’s get it going. It’s not like he should be an unknown to the decision-maker. I do wonder if DBU had not hit that parking lot grand slam on Monday afternoon if we’d already know.

First Tee Frog

I’d like to be upset by that 7th inning in terms of the job issue but I still see it as more of a rigid adherence to a philosophy than a lack of caring about winning or losing. Y’all may be right but I’m not convinced based on prior pitching decisions (or no decision)
Savage is a nice young arm. He was not the guy to go to in that situation. Wright, Perez, or green we’re all 3 better choices in that high of a leverage situation. It was inexcusable

Pharm Frog

Savage is a nice young arm. He was not the guy to go to in that situation. Wright, Perez, or green we’re all 3 better choices in that high of a leverage situation. It was inexcusable

I don’t disagree. But there was nothing I can recall from prior managerial decisions that would have suggested CJS would have even considered Green in that situation. And I’m perplexed by the use of Savage. I thought we burned the red shirt to get starts and innings...not spot relief.

Mean Purple

With the money that they were willing to pay for CJS, it is obvious TCU can afford to go after a big target. This program is a good one. Go get the best you can. Even if it means going outside the program. Someone who has been a successful HC should be top of the list. That's what championship teams do.

TooColdU

Not saying this is CKS but there are also some people who don't want to be head coaches. I see this all the time in high school sports. Plenty of coaches just want to be an assistant or the OC or DC in football.

this is what gives me a little pause about Sarloos. Why did he turn down the Rice and Stanford job? Just seems like after he agreed to stay at TCU, he got too comfortable as just the pitching coach and we’ve been seeing this mentality reflect on the field too.

I want a guy that wants to be a leader. Look at all the ex-assistants that are current head coaches elsewhere.

And then you look at CKS, who’s been here 9 years, and CBM, who’s been here 8 years, neither of them have ever been college head coaches.

Who knows, maybe if he gets the promotion it will bring a renewed energy and he’ll finally get a chance to prove himself.

Pharm Frog

this is what gives me a little pause about Sarloos. Why did he turn down the Rice and Stanford job? Just seems like after he agreed to stay at TCU, he got too comfortable as just the pitching coach and we’ve been seeing this mentality reflect on the field too.

I want a guy that wants to be a leader. Look at all the ex-assistants that are current head coaches elsewhere.

And then you look at CKS, who’s been here 9 years, and CBM, who’s been here 8 years, neither of them have ever been college head coaches.

Who knows, maybe if he gets the promotion it will bring a renewed energy and he’ll finally get a chance to prove himself.

If he wanted to be a pitching coach, why did he turn down a MLB pitching coach position? I would know my answer to that but you’d think he’d have a much different perspective.

First Tee Frog

could be wrong but pretty sure both were paid more than many college head coaches.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
If he wanted to be a pitching coach, why did he turn down a MLB pitching coach position? I would know my answer to that but you’d think he’d have a much different perspective.

Quality of life. Quality family life. Following the path where if what you're doing makes you happy, then it's not a job--it's a joy.

Had the opportunity to meet KS's folks at the Big 12 regional in Tulsa. Good folks. Got the impression that money isn't an issue (or primary motivator) for anyone in the Sarloos clan.

Pharm Frog

Quality of life. Quality family life. Following the path where if what you're doing makes you happy, then it's not a job--it's a joy.

Had the opportunity to meet KS's folks at the Big 12 regional in Tulsa. Good folks. Got the impression that money isn't an issue (or primary motivator) for anyone in the Sarloos clan.

And...it’s not NYC.

flyfishingfrog

Rice? Because they are bad and their school hates baseball now

stanford? Because they wanted to announce it before the CWS so he could get going and he refused to distract the team and not be involved