• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis - 2020-2021

Jared7

Baylor on the verge of winning.
And they do. 4-1. So it'll be match #4 against the Bears for the right to go to the semis. I'm not sure if we need to do a preview - we kind of know Boitan, Soto, Lah, Stochowiak, Broom and Furman fairly well. We're 1-2 against them so far this year - we'll need at least as good of a performance tomorrow as we did today.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
And they do. 4-1. So it'll be match #4 against the Bears for the right to go to the semis. I'm not sure if we need to do a preview - we kind of know Boitan, Soto, Lah, Stochowiak, Broom and Furman fairly well. We're 1-2 against them so far this year - we'll need at least as good of a performance tomorrow as we did today.
tenor.gif

Longfrog

Listened to the Roditi post-match recap and it sounds like Jong is ill, not injured. Reading between the lines some, but seems like it.

Agreed. And Alex Gruskin who was doing commentary today said he noticed Kruger was working on singles a lot yesterday. Jong was on the court celebrating with the team after the win. So my optimistic assessment is Jong was feeling ill yesterday and they just made the decision then to go with Kruger, but that Jong is maybe feeling well enough now to reinstall him vs Baylor. Next match isn’t til Thursday I believe.

Jared7

Well, 3 Big 12 teams in the Elite 8 is impressive, but it seems likely that there will be 4 SEC teams there also, so let's not over-state this. Florida is certainly favored over the Illini and A&M and Mississippi State - no matter who wins (the Ags lead 1-0) - is an SEC lock.

Jared7

Plus 2 of the 3 B12 teams beat SEC teams today
Well, I get what you're arguing, but Baylor, Texas and TCU were all expected to get to this level. It's USC (over the Wahoos) and Georgia (over the Heels) that are the upsets - they were lucky enough to draw "weak" ACC teams, which was your original point.

Longfrog

Guess all the drama got used up earlier in the day. Florida is comfortably ahead of Illini but A&M is absolutely murdering Miss State. Took the doubles point and all six first sets in singles.