• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU lands Texas A&M transfer who will transition from wide receiver to linebacker

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU lands Texas A&M transfer who will transition from wide receiver to linebacker

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU football won the sweepstakes for Texas A&M transfer Shadrach Banks this weekend.

Banks announced Saturday that he’d be joining TCU. Banks is joining the program with intentions of transitioning from wide receiver to linebacker, a source confirmed.

“What’s up Fort Worth,” Banks wrote on his Twitter account.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article251448878.html

Froggish

He’s sitting around 235 and probably needs to play in the 225 range. Don’t listen to the online junk about him being grossly out of shape. He’s carrying some baby fat but he’s also built much much different than traditional skills players. He has a powerful and compact build that is always going to be a bit heavier than the norm. He also moves like a freaking gazelle. If he commits to LB and learns well he’s has outrageous potential

Pharm Frog

He’s sitting around 235 and probably needs to play in the 225 range. Don’t listen to the online junk about him being grossly out of shape. He’s carrying some baby fat but he’s also built much much different than traditional skills players. He has a powerful and compact build that is always going to be a bit heavier than the norm. He also moves like a freaking gazelle. If he commits to LB and learns well he’s has outrageous potential

How good is he at reacting to signs from the sideline delivered immediately post-snap?

Salfrog

Tier 1
This looks great on paper and hope it's works, but we already know how complicated it is to learn the LB position in GP's defense. Brooks would've made a very good LB, but couldn't figure it out. Hope Banks can learn the position because I think he would be outstanding with his size and speed.

Someone needs to come out with a book on how to play LB in GP's defense for these kids. Maybe they can call it "Playing LB in Gary Patterson's 4-2-5 Defense for Dumbies" to make it easier.

Moose Stuff

This looks great on paper and hope it's works, but we already know how complicated it is to learn the LB position in GP's defense. Brooks would've made a very good LB, but couldn't figure it out. Hope Banks can learn the position because I think he would be outstanding with his size and speed.

Someone needs to come out with a book on how to play LB in GP's defense for these kids. Maybe they can call it "Playing LB in Gary Patterson's 4-2-5 Defense for Dumbies" to make it easier.

How many really talented LBs have we had that couldn't figure out the system? I can't name one. I mean Travin Howard switched from safety and figured it out in like 3 days.

Salfrog

Tier 1
How many really talented LBs have we had that couldn't figure out the system? I can't name one. I mean Travin Howard switched from safety and figured it out in like 3 days.

It seems like we have had alot of highly touted kids come in here that couldn't figure out the LB position. If I am wrong, then I stand corrected in what I said. It just seems there have been several over the years.

Double D

Tier 1
Word from irrelevant Aggie is he got way too heavy. Popped off to Aggie coaches and Aggie captains of football team. So he didn't last long. Evidently Aggie players were ripping him as he departed land of the Male cheerleaders. Stay tuned...

Froggish

He’s just a true Freshman who’s never played a snap of CFB. He has plenty of time to catch on. I also think that Marcel situation is different and if he would have committed to LB he to would have figured it out eventually. I don’t think he really had any passion for playing defense

Froggish

Word from irrelevant Aggie is he got way too heavy. Popped off to Aggie coaches and Aggie captains of football team. So he didn't last long. Evidently Aggie players were ripping him as he departed land of the Male cheerleaders. Stay tuned...

Some of that is accurate and some of that sensationalized. The truth is he enrolled early, was a little heavier than he needed to be and just wasn’t ready to be in a place where he had zero connections. He should have finished HS and used that semester to get in to better shape. He’s the kind of kid who will thrive in TCUs smaller more nurturing environment with some kids he already has friendships with. He’s going to be good at TCU. I’m confident

Pharm Frog

Hmmmm...if the only things he learns is that the QB is eligible to run the ball on all downs but especially on 3rd downs and that the RB is an eligible receiver, he’ll be my favorite player on the team.

Eight

scheiss aggy and the more nuturing environment froggish mentions basically is a nice way of saying atm is a machine that truly doesn't give a [ Finebaum ] about the kids and while tcu has some machine tendencies we aren"t completely a heartless football machine

Last edited: