• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

TCURiggs

We’ve dodged the Disney bullet. Luckily (and somewhat intentionally on my part), my kids were never big into Disney. They like a few of the movies and characters, but we never let them go overboard with TV/movie watching so they didn’t get hooked on any of that ship. They’re 9 and 7 now and they’d rather go to the beach, mountains, etc... Feel like I really nailed the ship out of that part of parenting... saved me and my wallet some real misery.

Purp

We’ve dodged the Disney bullet. Luckily (and somewhat intentionally on my part), my kids were never big into Disney. They like a few of the movies and characters, but we never let them go overboard with TV/movie watching so they didn’t get hooked on any of that ship. They’re 9 and 7 now and they’d rather go to the beach, mountains, etc... Feel like I really nailed the ship out of that part of parenting... saved me and my wallet some real misery.
Same here. I've never been to Disney so I've never felt compelled to talk to our kids about it. They don't even know it exists. I don't think we'll ever go. My boys would probably rather do a bunch ofnother things anyway. They like certain Disney movies and characters, but it's the type of thing they're growing out of, not a lifelong relationship with the character.

TCURiggs

I work with a lady who loves Disney. She's 40+ and goes every other year. She has the decals on her car, the drink tumbler she takes everywhere, the princess socks, the Disney leather jacket, and so much more. The great irony is, she's one of the most miserable people I know.

I've got a customer in his 50's with no kids, and he and his wife do a Disney cruise every year. They love it. They also own like 3 cats and treat them like children, so take that as you will (no offense, Quilter).

Same here. I've never been to Disney so I've never felt compelled to talk to our kids about it. They don't even know it exists. I don't think we'll ever go. My boys would probably rather do a bunch ofnother things anyway. They like certain Disney movies and characters, but it's the type of thing they're growing out of, not a lifelong relationship with the character.
Good job. I work with adults who go to disney alone and the kind of people who think may 4th is an actual holiday and dress up ( engineers) Related now that its all evil empire.

Eight

This world is more scheissed than I ever thought after reading all these Disney stories. Good luck, everyone.

that was confirmed for me when i met some scottish guy in memphis who had saved for months to travel to graceland for his 40th birthday.

this was two years ago so if you do the math elvis was dead before this guy was born.

FROG2597

Been to Disney several times, but always related to some kids soccer event. One year my son was playing in a 3V3 event and it happened to be the same time as some college cheerleading event was going on. We happened to be at a hotel with several schools and my son and his friends go to the pool. Needless to say, I sit back and start drinking beer when I see my son on some attractive cheerleaders shoulders playing chicken. He was a cute kid and you would have thought he was Brad Pitt that night. He comes back later to the room with the biggest grin on his face. Rest of the weekend random girls would come up to him around the hotel. I guess he has fond memories of Disney,

Mean Purple

Been to Disney several times, but always related to some kids soccer event. One year my son was playing in a 3V3 event and it happened to be the same time as some college cheerleading event was going on. We happened to be at a hotel with several schools and my son and his friends go to the pool. Needless to say, I sit back and start drinking beer when I see my son on some attractive cheerleaders shoulders playing chicken. He was a cute kid and you would have thought he was Brad Pitt that night. He comes back later to the room with the biggest grin on his face. Rest of the weekend random girls would come up to him around the hotel. I guess he has fond memories of Disney,
Serious kudos for borrowing someone's kid to go to a cheerleading event.
:)

ftwfrog

Went to Disney last year with the family. We didn’t enjoy magic kingdom. It was a really strange place. Just uncomfortable at times with grown men and grown women waiting to meet these young princesses and other characters. It was not for us. Watching grown adults lose their minds over the Mickey and Minnie Mouse meet and greet really weirded us all out. Just felt like there was a lot of creeps out and about, tbh.

We had a great time at Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios though. Wish we could’ve gone to Hollywood Studios, but maybe next time we will have the time.
We went to Disneyland in California. The original. It’s like saying Jerry World or Lambeau Field. Not as many places to purchase brisket nachos, but The original is better.

Not to bring the room down but our child with autism was with us. It was the best day of my life (minus Rose Bowl, minus Pearl Jam at Wrigley). Seriously. Disney knows what the hell they’re doing. The real world is tough for my child. At the happiest place on earth, it all makes sense to him and I literally teared up when it was time to leave. I’ve never seen him more content.

TCURiggs

We went to Disneyland in California. The original. It’s like saying Jerry World or Lambeau Field. Not as many places to purchase brisket nachos, but The original is better.

Not to bring the room down but our child with autism was with us. It was the best day of my life (minus Rose Bowl, minus Pearl Jam at Wrigley). Seriously. Disney knows what the hell they’re doing. The real world is tough for my child. At the happiest place on earth, it all makes sense to him and I literally teared up when it was time to leave. I’ve never seen him more content.

That's badass, man. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

And get out of here with that "bring the room down" stuff. Pretty sure I speak for everyone by saying that hearing that kind of stuff is awesome and uplifting.

Having said that, I hope you're not a cat-owner.

TCURiggs

200.gif