• The KillerFrogs

Equipment sale question

82Frog

Is it worth getting there early?. . like 6am? . . . Do they sell out of helmets fast? I was wanting to bag a couple.

Purp

Is it worth getting there early?. . like 6am? . . . Do they sell out of helmets fast? I was wanting to bag a couple.
I haven't done it in so long I can't really get you good information one way or the other. I am planning to go early as well, but I won't be able to stay past 10 as I need to attend a funeral at 11 and coach my son's t-ball game right after that. If I can't be one of the first in line then I'll be hosed. I'd imagine the helmets will be one of the items that lasts the longest. From memory most of the cheaper items get snapped up first.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I haven't done it in so long I can't really get you good information one way or the other. I am planning to go early as well, but I won't be able to stay past 10 as I need to attend a funeral at 11 and coach my son's t-ball game right after that. If I can't be one of the first in line then I'll be hosed. I'd imagine the helmets will be one of the items that lasts the longest. From memory most of the cheaper items get snapped up first.
This is true. Last sale I went late because it was pouring that morning and I had too much firewater the night before to get up at 5am. Helmets were still available later. Backpacks, bats, jerseys, not so much.

tcumaniac

Hard to say.

Two years ago, I got there around 6:45am and there was already a pretty long line. The sale began at 8am (this year it's 9am), and I probably didn't get in until about 9:45am (I just went back and looked at the time stamp of old photos to confirm). The line moved miserably slow because they were pretty strict on how many people they let in at a time (which was nice when you were finally in there).

To answer your main question though, there were still plenty of helmet options by the time I got in almost 2 hours after the sale had started.

I'd love to get another helmet to add to my collection, but the thought of sitting in a line for hours again just sounds downright miserable. And with mysterious covid polices in place, I imagine they'll require useless masks and the line will move even more slowly this year.

netty2424

if all you're going for is a helmet, they have them for sale at home games all the time, usually with an autograph on them for considerably less at auction than they are selling these. that alternate helmet we murdered UT in is selling for $750. i would be willing to bet you can get one with an autograph for $500 during the season.

tcumaniac

if all you're going for is a helmet, they have them for sale at home games all the time, usually with an autograph on them for considerably less at auction than they are selling these. that alternate helmet we murdered UT in is selling for $750. i would be willing to bet you can get one with an autograph for $500 during the season.
What they sell at games aren't real helmets. They're cheaply made replicas.

Paul in uhh

The only thing I’d want is a purple chrome helmet (or white with purple chrome mask). I assume those are gone if you’re not camping out

OFrog

There’s currently no line to get in. Still lots of decent stuff.

Line to checkout looks like it’s gonna take about an hour…