• The KillerFrogs

2021 MLB Thread

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
This Rangers game has been alot of fun to watch. Garcia for the Rangers just hit a homerun to tie it at 7 in the bottom of the 8th.

This Rangers team is not going to contend, but they are growing and fun to watch. And have maybe found several long term components in that process.

Hell of a game. Watch out for those non-red-shoed Rangers. The division is wide open. Love this team. Lowe reminds me of Teixeira except that he wants to be here. Great job by JD and CY of rebuilding this roster much quicker than expected.

LisaLT

Didn't she beat him up with a shoe and he had to miss a start?

Classic case of not knowing when to stop with the plastic surgery.
Yes! She was using cocaine at the time. He claimed she hit him in his face with her stilettos. She got arrested and he filed for divorce 3 days later. They have two grown daughters from what I read. I agree about the plastic surgery and facial fillers. Too much!

Frog92

He has a Ruben Sierra quality with some flare. Love watching him.
More like a second coming of Nelson Cruz but can do more than hit, so something between Ruben and Cruz. Solak to me is Michael Young v.2. I like both catchers, Solak, Garcia, IKF, and Gallo as a core. And Calhoun’s bat also in there somewhere. Next phase is the starting staff. Dunning is a piece (#2 upside, solid 3 or 4). I think bullpens are a year to year thing in today’s MLB that you piece together, but a bunch of young arms in that mix that will churn and evolve over the next two years.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
The Texas scheissING Rangers are 18-18 after today's win!! I never thought I would see the day (at least not this season).

I'm happy to admit that I was dead wrong about them. Coming out of spring training, with the injuries piling up, I thought they would be buried so far in last place by the end of April that all hope of having a decent season would be lost.

These guys are fun to watch and if they get on a roll who knows what can happen.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Please explain what the Dodgers or the Yankees have to do with the Astros players cheating. I am not sure what your point is. If an organization is busted cheating or players are busted doing something against policy, then they should be held accountable - especially if it changes the outcome of a game(s) or season.
Sorry I missed this, but what you, and seemingly everybody else in the Sports Media World seems to forget is that the Red Sox started the "cheating" two years before the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, and Lord knows how many others followed suit. It was what we used to call an "Arms Race" in that nobody wanted to be left behind when others were taking advantage of a new wrinkle. 2017 was the year that all the really big stuff took place, and yes, the Yankees, and the Dodgers were cheating, too. The difference is, Houston and it's new owner were made the Fall Guys for the whole thing, with the GM and Manager taking the heat (Reid Ryan skedaddled before anything bad happened to him. Clever guy!). The Big Market teams were let off with essentially a warning (The Yankees were sent a nasty letter by Manfred, but that has never seen the light of day. No one in the Sportswriting Community seems to have the slightest bit of curiosity about it, either.). Punishment meted out to the players would have run afoul of the Union, and more facts detrimental to other teams might have leaked out. So, no players received any punishment officially. Yet, the crapweasel Sportswriters heaped calumny on the Astros players, and they have had to deal with the whole "cheater" thing since.

For all the "they cheated!!!" nonsense, they weren't the only ones. Remember, they played both the Yankees, and the Dodgers that magical year of 2017 to win the WS. Both of these teams were just as guilty as the Astros, but we have no idea how guilty they were because the League swept all the evidence under the rug and hung the goat horns on the Astros. The funny thing is, since all teams were doing the same thing, there was likely no advantage to anybody. The odds were even.

Oh, and even with the scrutiny of the League and the "rumors" which had SportsMedia types hanging around waiting for fresh tidbits to spill, the Astros managed to win a lot in 2018, '19, and '20. Nothing about them "cheating" in any of those seasons. But, there it is.

LisaLT

Sorry I missed this, but what you, and seemingly everybody else in the Sports Media World seems to forget is that the Red Sox started the "cheating" two years before the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, and Lord knows how many others followed suit. It was what we used to call an "Arms Race" in that nobody wanted to be left behind when others were taking advantage of a new wrinkle. 2017 was the year that all the really big stuff took place, and yes, the Yankees, and the Dodgers were cheating, too. The difference is, Houston and it's new owner were made the Fall Guys for the whole thing, with the GM and Manager taking the heat (Reid Ryan skedaddled before anything bad happened to him. Clever guy!). The Big Market teams were let off with essentially a warning (The Yankees were sent a nasty letter by Manfred, but that has never seen the light of day. No one in the Sportswriting Community seems to have the slightest bit of curiosity about it, either.). Punishment meted out to the players would have run afoul of the Union, and more facts detrimental to other teams might have leaked out. So, no players received any punishment officially. Yet, the crapweasel Sportswriters heaped calumny on the Astros players, and they have had to deal with the whole "cheater" thing since.

For all the "they cheated!!!" nonsense, they weren't the only ones. Remember, they played both the Yankees, and the Dodgers that magical year of 2017 to win the WS. Both of these teams were just as guilty as the Astros, but we have no idea how guilty they were because the League swept all the evidence under the rug and hung the goat horns on the Astros. The funny thing is, since all teams were doing the same thing, there was likely no advantage to anybody. The odds were even.

Oh, and even with the scrutiny of the League and the "rumors" which had SportsMedia types hanging around waiting for fresh tidbits to spill, the Astros managed to win a lot in 2018, '19, and '20. Nothing about them "cheating" in any of those seasons. But, there it is.
I see your point, but do u think a player benefits from knowing what pitch will be thrown? Do you think Altuve should have won MVP vs Aaron Judge in 2017 based on what we know went on? Personally, I don’t. If anyone from any team is found to be guilty of any stat changing or game changing infraction like he was involved in should have been disqualified or stripped of that title. Not an even playing field.