• The KillerFrogs

2021 MLB Thread

That scheissing sucks. I mean getting the no-no is great but to lose the perfect game on a wp/pb, wow.

Hypothetically, pitcher carries perfect game into the 10th. 3 up, 3 down in the 10th without an additional baserunner...is it still a perfect game?

Same scenario and the pitcher is on the home team...two sac flies...runner starting at 2nd scores. Next batter 3rd out. Home team doesn't score in B10...game over. Still perfect game, right?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Hypothetically, pitcher carries perfect game into the 10th. 3 up, 3 down in the 10th without an additional baserunner...is it still a perfect game?

Same scenario and the pitcher is on the home team...two sac flies...runner starting at 2nd scores. Next batter 3rd out. Home team doesn't score in B10...game over. Still perfect game, right?
Idk in that scenario. The only reason the runner is on base is because of the extra inning rule.

I understand why Means didn't get a perfect game. I was saying that it sucks to lose a perfect game that way. And what makes it suck even more was that the guy was thrown out trying to steal second.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Idk in that scenario. The only reason the runner is on base is because of the extra inning rule.

I understand why Means didn't get a perfect game. I was saying that it sucks to lose a perfect game that way. And what makes it suck even more was that the guy was thrown out trying to steal second.
How about the guy who lost the perfect game and no-hitter due to a dumbass Umpire at 1st a few years ago?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I don't understand ESPN+. I pay extra for it, and it blacks out Astros games, even when they're playing in NYC or Tampa Bay?
It's not just espn+. MLB tv has blackout restrictions too. Or let's say the astros or Rangers have a game that comes on Bally/FSSW and espn picks it up too, it will show on one channel and not the other one. It's just how these stupid TV contracts work.

Eight

you can't beat live sports, seriously why do espn and the others feel the need to over hype this stuff when real life is so much better

Last edited:

LisaLT

what does brawling have to do with this discussion?

talk to the commissioner not me as supposedly they had everything they needed to drop the hammer on the astros yet they cut a deal with the astro players.

they didn't lawyer up, the union didn't throw a fit, and the players didn't come up with the penalties or lack of them.

you want to be pissed about the lack of penalties direct that hate at manfred and his office as they are the ones who could have done more and chose not to do anything to the players.

curious, how many yankees and red sox sat for their involvement with the apple watches?

why is manfred and the yankees blocking the letter discussing the yanks in 2017? why have baseball and the yankees spent so much money on lawyers to keep the contents from ever being made public, especially if nothing happened.
Your gaslighting. The point is the cheaters IN THIS situation should have received some form of discipline which they did not. Not one day suspension or one dollar in fines. It’s absurd. And they will be branded cheaters for a long time as a result. How embarrassing.

LisaLT

what does brawling have to do with this discussion?

talk to the commissioner not me as supposedly they had everything they needed to drop the hammer on the astros yet they cut a deal with the astro players.

they didn't lawyer up, the union didn't throw a fit, and the players didn't come up with the penalties or lack of them.

you want to be pissed about the lack of penalties direct that hate at manfred and his office as they are the ones who could have done more and chose not to do anything to the players.

curious, how many yankees and red sox sat for their involvement with the apple watches?

why is manfred and the yankees blocking the letter discussing the yanks in 2017? why have baseball and the yankees spent so much money on lawyers to keep the contents from ever being made public, especially if nothing happened.
I don’t recall them cutting a deal with the players. Why they were not held accountable is a blight on the entire MLB organization.