• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

froginmn

OK, this is long winded so I bolded the important parts. Spelling is likely bad as I did this on a tablet in the basement of the Capitol.

I just looked up tickets and am kinda confused myself. Pandemic has things a mess. Summary - Not sure how to tell what you get buying secondary. Even Stub Hub's info is very vague on the Opry floor plan. No bad seats on floor and I know folks who have had no problems with mezzanine. don't know about balcony (which is just the higher seats above mezz - not a whole new section) Tour is worth the time. If you stay at the Opry Land Hotel, it is all right there. I've only ever bought through the Opry ticket site. You might want to call the Opry. The main desk at the Opryland Hotel may have some ideas. I've seen their concierge help people get tickets.

Background on why tickets are hard to get for Saturdays:
They only recently went back to having guests. For a big chunk of the Pandemic, they were doing specials. Basically the artists (usually just 3) would be on. . And it was just broadcast on tv and radio/sxm.
When they brought guests back this Spring, they still were limiting how many could attend. (Nashville mayor is still catching heat - including being called out for some shutdown lies by some very well known artists).
On top of that, those who had tickets during the pandemic were given opportunity to get tickets when they reopened. So I am sure that limited it more.
Many take the tour on Saturdays and then see the show that night.

Your Issue:
My understanding is that seats are all assigned. They have been when I have been at the Opry House floor level and Balcony in the Ryman. Don't know if it is different due to the reduced seating.

Looks like the weekend you are there the Opry will be at the Opry House. (Certain parts of the year they also do shows at the Ryman downtown). I checked my last tickets from the Opry House and they read "PL 1 - Main Floor". Opry's website now (under ticket sales) shows "Price Zone". PZ 1 $125, PZ2 100, PZ 3 $ 75
My guess is on the secondary market, GA might be PZ 2 and 3. (Only guessing based on relation ) But that could mean GA is balcony and possible the back section of the floor. (There is a mezzanine level as well.

I have never sat in the balcony of the Opry House. I have been up there and the view seemed fine. But it was empty during the day. The floor seats are all good views in my opinion.
Also, stub hub shows "standing room only" tickets. Don't think I have ever seen folks standing in the back, so I don't know what that is. The seats on stage (can buy these like tour tickets for just before showtime and sit behind the band for a segment of show) are not being used during the pandemic.
Vivid Seats shows GA and with different pricing levels. Only a guess, but Mezzanine and floor MIGHT be the higher prices.

All that said, IF you can get up there for the Friday night show, there are still some tickets available through the Opry website.

Tours:
Yes, I think the tours are worth it.

Both the tour at the Opry House and the Ryman. If you have time for only one, do the Opry House. It is very cool to see the back stage area there. If you do the tour, when you get to the big room of there area where the artists wait to go on, take a look along the wall in the back. You should be able to see the line where the Flood Waters came up a few years back. That's the big lobby looking room that centers off some dressing rooms. You'll also see Roy Acuff's dressing room. His house is just outside the front of the Opry House (now used as an office.) Lots of history there.

IF you have time while you are there, tour the Ryman and the Country Music Hall of Fame. (Hall of Fame is really a day long thing. And it allows you a chance to tour Famed Studio B. (shuttle takes you from hall of fame to studio.)

I don't know if Gibson Guitars is back to doing tours at the factory or not.

Keep in Mind:
The Opry is basically a Radio Show Showcase (Via the "Air Castle of the South, 650 WSM".
So the acts each do about 2 songs. Main acts do about 3. (But Pandemic has changed some of that as they limit how many artists. Lately, some have done 5 songs each. Just depends.) Also, If you yell out "Baylor Sucks", the rest of us can hear it on the web broadcast or SXM broadcast.
Going to have to find five or six of your posts to like, since I can only like this one once.

Unfortunately my dates are locked in so Sat is the only day I could go. Great advice about just calling them; that's what I'll do.

I'll try to catch a tour, regardless of if we go to the show.

One of the good things about going back in the office lately is that I spend more time on the car listening to Willie's Roadhouse on SXM.

nwlafrog

Anybody else try D8 aka Delta 8? Delta 9 is the psychoactive in weed, D8 is it's close cousin with similar effects without the psychoactive part. Weed gives me paranoia, this does not. Feels kinda like having a few drinks.... Lasts for several hours but I can function pretty well.

I buy it from some place in Florida who ships usps. Legal, for now, in Texas.

Just curious if anybody has more insight than me

I posted about delta 8 THC a while back in a thread about legalization. I have a lot of it in concentrate tinctures, gummies, cartridges, but I don’t ever get to use it due to work. You can still test hot for THC.

I’ve tried it 2 or 3 times in about 6 months. I prefer it over drinking to take the edge off for sure. Hopefully one day soon it won’t matter if someone has a few drinks or prefers to unwind with some THC instead.

Similar to delta 9 thc. There’s strains of (head high) sativas, (in da couch high) indicas, and (balanced) hybrids.

Last edited:
I posted about delta 8 THC a while back in a thread about legalization. I have a lot of it in concentrate tinctures, gummies, cartridges, but I don’t ever get to use it due to work. You can still test hot for THC.

I’ve tried it 2 or 3 times in about 6 months. I prefer it over drinking to take the edge off for sure. Hopefully one day soon it won’t matter if someone has a few drinks or prefers to unwind with some THC instead.

Similar to delta 9 thc. There’s strains of (head high) sativas, (in da couch high) indicas, and (balanced) hybrids.
Your just making up words now.

HG73

Can you buy gummies/edibles online? Asking for a friend.

Eight

Can you buy gummies/edibles online? Asking for a friend.

tenor.gif