• The KillerFrogs

Showgirl/Cheerleader Outfits at Spring Sale

Mean Purple

Right out of TCU, I was back in my hometown. My girlfriend at the time was with me and wanted to find a cool antique for her friend’s wedding and had never been to Midland. We walk into an antique store and one of my old teachers from MHS was working the counter. While checking out he pointed to an old MHS cheerleading uniform on the wall behind him and said “I don’t know what kind of thing yall are into, but I’ll give you a deal on that”.

I still think about that moment to this day.

What subject did the teacher teach?

Moose Stuff

Pretty sure the showgirls pay for their uniforms themselves. I don't think they're covered by the university so unlikely to be available for purchase unless a showgirl posts hers for sale on eBay.

I suppose that was the case at some point in time but my oldest was a Showgirl from 2015-2019 and did not pay for her uniforms. The boots are theirs to keep.

Purp

I suppose that was the case at some point in time but my oldest was a Showgirl from 2015-2019 and did not pay for her uniforms. The boots are theirs to keep.
I remembered they didn't pay for the boots and got to keep them. Sounds like things have evolved for them nicely in terms of funding.

mc1502

Last edited:

Froglaw

What a travesty. They should have a booster club to help them out.

Also, I would like to be in that booster club.

Froglaw's girlfriend was a Showgirl, not as much fun as you might think.

Edit:

We graduated the same day in 1981.

Her passion is beating Texas in football. I don't think she really cares about the rest of the games.

She hates all things burnt orange.

JockO de Frog

Still time to submit your application to be a 2021/2021 show girl!

If you click the link, there's a 14 minutes video breaking down the different dances girls the girls have to learn for their tryout. Thought it was pretty funny to watch.

https://gofrogs.com/sports/2019/1/10/tcu-showgirls-auditions-and-prep-classes.aspx
Video 1 -- Solo Performance – each candidate should showcase their absolute best skills and technique that highlight thier dancing ability (NOT to exceed 1 min). We have listed some suggestions on what to include in your routine, while not all suggestions are required (but encouraged):
  • 20 second jazz performance
  • 20 second hip hop performance
  • 20 second pom performance
  • Technical skills: jetes, switch leaps, switch center, toe touch, single, double, triple turns, a la second turns, fouetté turns, leg holds, kicks, splits, and any other technical skill you would like to include.
I misread the third bullet. I quickly re-read it and finnaly was able to exhale.

Latest posts