• The KillerFrogs

The Transfer Portal claims another one...

Boomhauer

While not exactly a "blow it up and start over" measure it does appear JD is taking seriously the need to make significant changes, at least in player personnel. Now, if that spirit of change carries over to some significant tweaks in the way the team is coached (not necessarily changes in coaching personnel, but in strategic thinking) JD may be on the road to redemption in the eyes of the general population of TCU basketball fandom. I think "looking competent and competitive" will be a significant enough desired outcome for the upcoming season.

I personally think it should be NCAA tourney or bust this year.

Moose Stuff

PJ is a guard. We aren't bringing in a forward to replace him.

I always liked PJ. Felt he would be another Parrish/Nembhard type who would get better every year and become a key piece his junior and senior years.

The reality is that the xfer portal has made developing guys like that obsolete. It's a real shame, but I don't think we're going to see many more guys spend 4 years at a school if they aren't contributing on day 1. PJ has loads of potential. I hope he puts it together somewhere.

We just took another Aggie transfer that IS a guard so there's your swap.

I hope he's related to Trip. #sexualicon

Last edited:

Purp

This McNeilly kid sounds interesting.... highly rated 4 star in 2019, hurt in 2020, opted out in 2021.... so he's never played a minute of college ball. Bit of a Schrödinger's cat type situation. Let's hope he's "alive".
Or maybe that his transfer is the quantum event needed to bring him to life.

FrogAbroad

I personally think it should be NCAA tourney or bust this year.
Not gonna argue my goal over yours, because having higher goals (like yours) can motivate better than too-easily reached goals. But looking at our history since the Tubbsian Age we're 'pertnear the antithesis of a "basketball school," hence my more modest goal-setting. Probably all two of us will be proven wrong.

Eight

really shouldn't be a surprise that dixon has flipped over the roster. things apparently got a bit heated in a coaches meeting after the season when he was asked who he wanted to replace.

here is his response:

200.gif

FrogAbroad

really shouldn't be a surprise that dixon has flipped over the roster. things apparently got a bit heated in a coaches meeting after the season when he was asked who he wanted to replace.

here is his response:

200.gif
Who..." as in players? or as in coaches?

I would project the lineup to look like this:

PG Wells/Farabello
SG Miles/Evans/Baugh
SF Peavy/McNielly
PF Miller/ O'Bannon
C Cork/Doumbia/Lampkin

There is still 1 roster spot open

Eight

I would project the lineup to look like this:

PG Wells/Farabello
SG Miles/Evans/Baugh
SF Peavy/McNielly
PF Miller/ O'Bannon
C Cork/Doumbia/Lampkin

There is still 1 roster spot open

never have understood based upon his play the thought o'bannon is a 4.

i understand the theory of stretching the floor, but he needs to get much more consistent from the outside and gives up too much on the defensive end.

Farmfrog

My starters would be
PG Wells
SG Mike
W Peavy
PF Miller
C Doumbia

Baugh, Evans and FF should see lots of court time. McNeilly is the wild card. He could play any of the 1,2 or 3 positions.

What the staff does with Chuck will be interesting as he can play the 3 or 4. Where Cork gets most of his minutes will be something to watch for. I think he’ll play mostly 5 but he can probably defend the 4 well enough. Unless he really gets in shape I wonder just how much Eddie will see the floor.

Moose Stuff

My starters would be
PG Wells
SG Mike
W Peavy
PF Miller
C Doumbia

Baugh, Evans and FF should see lots of court time. McNeilly is the wild card. He could play any of the 1,2 or 3 positions.

What the staff does with Chuck will be interesting as he can play the 3 or 4. Where Cork gets most of his minutes will be something to watch for. I think he’ll play mostly 5 but he can probably defend the 4 well enough. Unless he really gets in shape I wonder just how much Eddie will see the floor.

I'm not sure Eddie can help us.