• The KillerFrogs

The Transfer Portal claims another one...

FrogAbroad

This is like Pro sports and free agency.
It's the trend in the sports entertainment industry. I myself entered the portal a while back and am now more than ever a PBR follower. (No, not the beverage PBR, the other one.) Not missing the traditional programming much at all.

wilson912

As much as I appreciate PJ’s effort during the last two years, Miller for Fuller seems like a trade that improves TCU, especially up front. Absent additional strong improvement, PJ’s playing time was going to be reduced.
Anybody have updates on RJ or Kevin? When does the NBA give draft feedback?

JugbandFrog

Yea. I hate this transfer stuff. But , we have upgraded on virtually everyone who left.

I do wish PJ the best though. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him blossom.
All this seems kinda shady…kinda like that Nick Nolte movie where the old coach just turned a blind eye and some big $$ boosters went out and bought a new team.

I don’t know how else this program can convince these players to come when there has been inconsistent evidence that this coach can do anything with it.

Moose Stuff

All this seems kinda shady…kinda like that Nick Nolte movie where the old coach just turned a blind eye and some big $$ boosters went out and bought a new team.

I don’t know how else this program can convince these players to come when there has been inconsistent evidence that this coach can do anything with it.

Blue Chips..... what an awful movie.

Purp

As much as I appreciate PJ’s effort during the last two years, Miller for Fuller seems like a trade that improves TCU, especially up front. Absent additional strong improvement, PJ’s playing time was going to be reduced.
Anybody have updates on RJ or Kevin? When does the NBA give draft feedback?
PJ is a guard. We aren't bringing in a forward to replace him.

I always liked PJ. Felt he would be another Parrish/Nembhard type who would get better every year and become a key piece his junior and senior years.

The reality is that the xfer portal has made developing guys like that obsolete. It's a real shame, but I don't think we're going to see many more guys spend 4 years at a school if they aren't contributing on day 1. PJ has loads of potential. I hope he puts it together somewhere.

WIN

Could be that Jamie to ucla has worn off.

Eight

on paper dixon has not only turned over the roster, but changed the look of the club

you now add two transfers who can play the 4 which i would guess means you move obannon over to the 3 to play with peavy making a bigger front court with some flexibility

you add the big juco at the 5 and it will be important for lampkin to get himself in condition to contribute if samuel doesn't come back next year.

back court rotation is interesting and curious if we see much 3 guards on the floor next year

FrogAbroad

on paper dixon has not only turned over the roster, but changed the look of the club

you now add two transfers who can play the 4 which i would guess means you move obannon over to the 3 to play with peavy making a bigger front court with some flexibility

you add the big juco at the 5 and it will be important for lampkin to get himself in condition to contribute if samuel doesn't come back next year.

back court rotation is interesting and curious if we see much 3 guards on the floor next year

While not exactly a "blow it up and start over" measure it does appear JD is taking seriously the need to make significant changes, at least in player personnel. Now, if that spirit of change carries over to some significant tweaks in the way the team is coached (not necessarily changes in coaching personnel, but in strategic thinking) JD may be on the road to redemption in the eyes of the general population of TCU basketball fandom. I think "looking competent and competitive" will be a significant enough desired outcome for the upcoming season.

Bill Bozeat

While losing coach Miller seems like a big blow to some. How many signing misses does he attach too. Seeing how he was here the whole time and given Bane is the only hit. I think his leaving gives us new hope.