• The KillerFrogs

TCU v Kansas baseball game 2

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
And like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder. Largely subjective.

But there is a name for teams that try to play ultra-conservative, risk-free baseball -- Losers.
Wasn't there a Kenny Rogers song about this?

The kid was out by a wide margin. Not even close. Thus, it was a dopey move. If you're in a situation where the fielder has to make a perfect throw to get the tag, then it's a reasonable gamble. But essentially handing your opponent a baserunner on a silver platter is dumb. You can couch it in flowery terms all you want, but that was a bad call. That a scoring runner was erased due to the dumb base running just rubs salt into the wound...

WhoDatFrog

Couldn't tell for sure - camera cut too quickly - but looked like Mosiello was chewing out Rodgers at 3B after Sikes's deep fly out.
Can anyone confirm or explain?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
How do you post pictures from your phone? I used to use photobucket but from what I recall, it doesn’t work anymore.
I just take a screenshot of the pic because usually it says file to large to upload. And then click the upload a file button thats next to the post reply button.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210424-173405_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210424-173405_Samsung Internet.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 11

Deep Purple

Wasn't there a Kenny Rogers song about this?

The kid was out by a wide margin. Not even close. Thus, it was a dopey move. If you're in a situation where the fielder has to make a perfect throw to get the tag, then it's a reasonable gamble. But essentially handing your opponent a baserunner on a silver platter is dumb. You can couch it in flowery terms all you want, but that was a bad call. That a scoring runner was erased due to the dumb base running just rubs salt into the wound...
We have different economies of baseball, I guess. If our aggressive base running costs us a run now and then, but routinely sets up runners to score 2-4 RBIs that might otherwise be men LOB, I'll gladly take that tradeoff any day of the week and twice on Sundays.