• The KillerFrogs

12 mighty orphans finally getting released this summer

Eight

a good number here are familiar with the story, some have read the book, and a few i am sure posted when the movie went into production

apparently now sony will be releasing the movie this summer and thought this might be a good place to share the trailer as well as an interview with the director

Punter1

The book, by Jim Dent who wrote Junction Boys, is just awesome.

Obviously we all have FTW ties and this book is fascinating on 100 levels but really paints a great picture of our city during a difficult time and how it rebounded.

And probably much like the Junction Boys, the book will be much, much better.

"They made a book outta that?" - Ricky Vaughn in Major League. One of the all time best and most under-rated lines in movie history.

PurpleBlood87

The book, by Jim Dent who wrote Junction Boys, is just awesome.

Obviously we all have FTW ties and this book is fascinating on 100 levels but really paints a great picture of our city during a difficult time and how it rebounded.

And probably much like the Junction Boys, the book will be much, much better.

"They made a book outta that?" - Ricky Vaughn in Major League. One of the all time best and most under-rated lines in movie history.

Luther Scarborough did not like the Masonic Home boys.

Eight

the only issue i have from watching the interview and the trailer is anytime i see wayne knight the first thing that always pops into my head is:

tenor.gif

Punter1

If you read the book then you know that.
Scarborough was the football coach at Polytechnic or it might have been Fort Worth High School then and the boys would not only beat his teams but they'd come over a steal his players girlfriends.

Read the book years ago...somehow the head coach's name of an opposing team escaped me.

I do remember I bitter rivalry between Poly and "The Home" way back when....