• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Transfer Big Man Cork Signs with TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2021/4/20/mens-basketball-transfer-big-man-cork-signs-with-tcu.aspx

GoFrogs: Transfer Big Man Cork Signs with TCU

FORT WORTH – TCU men's basketball has added Western Carolina transfer Xavier Cork.

The 6-9 forward joins TCU after playing all 58 games for the Catamounts over the past two seasons. Last season, Cork averaged 12.1 points and 6.1 rebounds per game, while leading the Southern Conference by shooting 64.1 percent from the field. He scored in double-figures in each of the first 14 games of the season, 20 times total. Cork's career-high 23 points against VMI was one of three 20-point performances. He also had four double-doubles.

At Sulphur Springs High School in Texas, Cork was named the District 15-5A Co-Most Valuable Player and was a TABC All-Region 2 player. He helped lead the Wildcats to their first UIL State Tournament Final Four appearance since 1925.

Cork joins a TCU incoming class that includes guards Damion Baugh, Maxwell Evans, Micah Peavy and Shahada Wells and center Souleymane Doumbia.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
We have definitely upgraded personnel-wise this off-season. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of confidence in the staff but hopefully that will change.

Delray Frog

Our FT % should go up. Remember Samuel is gone too.

I don't understand the Frank deal. From what I saw he was better than Fuller and better than Todd, yet he rarely played. I bet he becomes a star at Vandy.

My understanding is that he suffered early on from the effects of COVID and was going to redshirt. However, when the ruling came that last year would not count against eligibility and he eventually got back in shape, it was decided to get him some minutes. I think he would have been a productive player next year but probably would not be a starter. I wish him well at Vandy.

y2kFrog

Our FT % should go up. Remember Samuel is gone too.

I don't understand the Frank deal. From what I saw he was better than Fuller and better than Todd, yet he rarely played. I bet he becomes a star at Vandy.

Todd maybe, but if the light ever goes on with Fuller (aka he learns to shoot 3’s) he has way more upside than Frank.