• The KillerFrogs

TCU v OSU baseball #3

flyfishingfrog

Hope he doesn't go juco next year to get drafted earlier...I always think that of stud freshman ever since Alex Fernandez did it like 30+ years ago.
Yeah I know it’s every man for themselves at some point but given how many underclassmen e have making an impact right now - these guys could put together another special run if they would all commit to seeing it through for the next 3 years

but that will require a few guys to make the decision to stay when they have a good option to leave

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I caught a line drive foul off of Todd Helton’s bat during the game where Craig biggio got his 3,000th hit. Naturally the second I felt like keeping it a 6 year old two rows in front of my gave me Bambi eyes so I tossed it to him. I’m sure it got hit over a fence during a neighborhood game and is now a chew toy for a massive 150lb bull mastiff named hercules. Probably owned by a mysterious man. Maybe that kid and his friends can rig together some sort of contraption to get the ball back. Maybe he has a slightly older friend who is a gifted athlete.

I think I've heard part of this story before.

When did it become the norm that an adult who caught a home run or could ball had to be shamed into giving it to a kid, who would likely just use it to play catch and then end up losing it?
As someone who never caught a home run ball, I think it would be cool to have one. But I feel like, if I ever got one, I would be labeled a pariah if I did not immediately give it away.
I just think it’s weird.

When did kids get so entitled?

flyfishingfrog

Well it was a great series win and a demonstration of a true team effort regardless of who struggled and who shined - everyone seemed to step up at some point

our starters weren’t as great as they have been - but all of them held it together well enough to keep us in the ball game

the bullpen delivered overall with the rock solid guys not having to carry the entire load and a few guys making a step forward

and the offense battled all weekend and never gave up or gave an inch of confidence to OSU that any lead was safe

OSU is a good enough that a sweep is a big deal for the guys

and now that it’s overall and my blood pressure has regulated- I can say it was a really fun series of baseball with lots of exciting moments - good and bad

hope all the boys are celebrating success tonight and tomorrow I am sure Schloss will do some coaching, point out some mistakes they need to correct and tell them to put their gloves back on and forget it- lots of baseball and big games left starting Tuesday

Maybe he has a kid at home. I've got a 6-yr-old. I imagine if I kept a ball at some point I'd give it to him. Besides, those kids have enough white privilege. They'll give 2 [ #2020 ]s about the ball in a week.

So back in the day when i was a [ Finebaum ]head 12ish year old, I passed on a chance to go to a game with my dad because ... i don't know my brain wasnt fully formed (hush) . Afterwards my dad was telling me about the awesome play he made to catch a foul ball. I was like, "cool dad can i see it" knowing he would give it to me. He said "sorry gave it away -- must be present to win" To this day i wish i had gone to that game with him for many reasons in addition to the foul ball.