• The KillerFrogs

TCU v OSU baseball #3

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
When did it become the norm that an adult who caught a home run or could ball had to be shamed into giving it to a kid, who would likely just use it to play catch and then end up losing it?
As someone who never caught a home run ball, I think it would be cool to have one. But I feel like, if I ever got one, I would be labeled a pariah if I did not immediately give it away.
I just think it’s weird.

I never caught one either, but had one that Willie Mays hit coming right my chest in the 60s. I was all set to catch when my friend jumped in front of me and neither of us got it when it fell to Dome warning track. I was one pissed off high school soph!

froginmn

When did it become the norm that an adult who caught a home run or could ball had to be shamed into giving it to a kid, who would likely just use it to play catch and then end up losing it?
As someone who never caught a home run ball, I think it would be cool to have one. But I feel like, if I ever got one, I would be labeled a pariah if I did not immediately give it away.
I just think it’s weird.
You need to bring a pre-made sign that says "I'm saving this for my grandson" to each game, just in case you get a ball.

Paint It Purple

I was just messing around.
Foul ball? Yeah, give it to a kid. Grand slam ball? I'd probably keep it, or offer it to Taylor.
Like the give it to Taylor.

My pet peeve with all the balls and autographs my son got over the years when he was young was to say THANK YOU to the giving player. Drives me nuts when a player gives a kid a ball and the kid immediately turns and runs off without saying thanks.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
If it’s at Lupton and a Frog hit it, I agree. An opponent hits it and its finding its way into the storm drain.
If I catch a TCU homerun on the fly, then I'm probably keeping it. If it's bouncing around and kids are chasing it, then I'd give it to one of them. If it's an opponents hr then I'm definitely giving it to a kid, unless I'm at a Rangers game, then it's going back on the field.

flyfishingfrog

If I catch a TCU homerun on the fly, then I'm probably keeping it. If it's bouncing around and kids are chasing it, then I'd give it to one of them. If it's an opponents hr then I'm definitely giving it to a kid, unless I'm at a Rangers game, then it's going back on the field.
Can you make me a decision tree diagram so I know what to do?

Is it the same for foul balls?

Brog

What I do is give it to a kid in a way that everyone sees me do it. Mr Good Guy. But they don’t see me tell the kid to bring it back to me and I’ll pay him for it. When he brings it back I give him $1 and tell him to get the hell back over to his seats. Win win all the way around.

$1 seems a little high. Wouldn't two bits do?

Paul in uhh

I caught a line drive foul off of Todd Helton’s bat during the game where Craig biggio got his 3,000th hit. Naturally the second I felt like keeping it a 6 year old two rows in front of my gave me Bambi eyes so I tossed it to him. I’m sure it got hit over a fence during a neighborhood game and is now a chew toy for a massive 150lb bull mastiff named hercules. Probably owned by a mysterious man. Maybe that kid and his friends can rig together some sort of contraption to get the ball back. Maybe he has a slightly older friend who is a gifted athlete.