• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

ftwfrog

What? No 'Eight Men Out'? No 'Stealing Home'?
Stealing Home was awful.

Eight Men Out could’ve been better. Great true story, but the movie kind of fell flat.

Underrated Baseball movie, Talent for the Game with Edward James Olmos. Actually it might suck. I saw it when I was 12.

ftwfrog

Best baseball movies of all time
1) The Natural
2) Major League
3) 61*
4) The Sandlor
5) Bad News Bears (old version)
6) Field of Dreams
7) For Love of the Game
8) The Rookie
9) Bull Durham
10) 42

The last few were tough. I do know what I am watching the next week or so.
I’m a huge dork and ranked my top 10 sports movies of all time last year during CovidBreak

3 baseball movies made the list :

1- Major League
5- Moneyball
7- The Natural

Moneyball is such a great movie. Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill are scheissing awesome. I know half of the movie is made up and they never mention Zito, Mulder, Hudson or Tejada, I almost now pretend it’s a fictional movie.

61* was underrated and such a fun movie filmed in the old Tigers ballpark.

I thought Sandlot and Field of Dreams were way overhyped.

Frog-in-law1995

I’m a huge dork and ranked my top 10 sports movies of all time last year during CovidBreak

1- Major League
5- Moneyball
7- The Natural

Moneyball is such a great movie. Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill are scheissing awesome. I know half of the movie is made up and they never mention Zito, Mulder, Hudson or Tejada, I almost now pretend it’s a fictional movie.

Interesting idea. Aside from the baseball stuff, Hoosiers, Miracle, Rocky, Raging Bull, Caddyshack, Slap Shot, Mystery Alaska, Rudy, Cinderella Man and Chariots of Fire come to mind. Guilty pleasures Tin Cup, Dead Solid Perfect and White Men Can’t Jump. And Baseketball. Can’t help it...love those South Park guys.

ftwfrog

Interesting idea. Aside from the baseball stuff, Hoosiers, Miracle, Rocky, Raging Bull, Caddyshack, Slap Shot, Mystery Alaska, Rudy, Cinderella Man and Chariots of Fire come to mind. Guilty pleasures Tin Cup, Dead Solid Perfect and White Men Can’t Jump. And Baseketball. Can’t help it...love those South Park guys.
Rush was an amazing one by Ron Howard about F1 racing that made my top 10 sports movies as well.

JugbandFrog

Cinderella Man is my favorite boxing movie of all time.

I am not much for MMA, but that Warrior Movie was pretty dang ol’ good.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

1- Major League
5- Moneyball
7- The Natural

What was the rest of your top 10 list

DeuceBoogieNights

Blue Chips and Hoop Dreams are good basketball movies. Space Jam is classic.

tcudoc

You know how I know you two haven’t seen even a few minutes of Battlefield Earth?
tenor.gif