• The KillerFrogs

The Masters: predictions

Putt4Purple

Watching The Masters is one of my favorite springtime rituals. Rangers baseball, Lone Star park and horse racing, and cutting the grass. Ahhh Spring! Its nice that things are beginning to go back to normal post Covid-19. Having said that I have 3 golfers to watch this 2021 Masters. Justin Thomas, Patrick Reed, and Collin Morikawa. Thomas is the hot golfer who I think will play stress free after his TPC win. Reed is the veteran who has won it before. He has played steady but not great this spring. Morikawa is the sleeper who will surprise a lot of people this year at Augusta. Looking forward to it regardless who wins!
P.S. I know I'm a week early.

Brog

Watching The Masters is one of my favorite springtime rituals. Rangers baseball, Lone Star park and horse racing, and cutting the grass. Ahhh Spring! Its nice that things are beginning to go back to normal post Covid-19. Having said that I have 3 golfers to watch this 2021 Masters. Justin Thomas, Patrick Reed, and Collin Morikawa. Thomas is the hot golfer who I think will play stress free after his TPC win. Reed is the veteran who has won it before. He has played steady but not great this spring. Morikawa is the sleeper who will surprise a lot of people this year at Augusta. Looking forward to it regardless who wins!

Add Tom Hoge to that list.

PO Frog

A major-winner on tour counts as a sleeper? Interesting

jake102

Is Brooks Koepka not the best anymore? I can't keep up with golf. One year Spieth is remarkable and the next he's awful. I like consistency in my sports

flyfishingfrog

Is Brooks Koepka not the best anymore? I can't keep up with golf. One year Spieth is remarkable and the next he's awful. I like consistency in my sports
having a problem overcoming his injury - therapy didnt work, then surgery, then recovery, then some relapse. He is in the can't practice much can play on and off stage.

Wexahu

I don’t remember golfers getting hurt back in the 80’s as much. Is it like football where they are putting so much torque on their bodies now they are more susceptible to injury.

Yep. Just look at the way they swing now compared to then. No way the legs and back can hold up for 20+ years swinging like that, except in rare cases. I think it's going to increasingly be a young man's game.