• The KillerFrogs

Volleyball: Spring Mini-Season

Pharm Frog

Tarleton and the Frogs tied at 1 set a piece. Tarleton. Tarleton takes the third set at 20. Tarleton. Lest we think of them as some type of lower division juggernaut, they were 6-7 in the fall 3-5 in the WAC. First time ever hosting a Power 5 program in Stephenville. I’ll check on the final score later but this is already sufficiently embarrassing.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Lost the 4th at 20 as well and the Frogs croak in Stephenville (3-1). Gotta grow em up. Learn to hunt together. Win by 1....oh...maybe that’s the problem. There’s exactly zero reason this team should drop a set let alone a match to Tarleton.

Armadillo

Weird season for sure. But maybe time for a reboot? I defer to Pharm on these matters. I’m just a Schlub in Austin who keeps up with most TCU Sports from a distance. Never seen or watched a game. Know we had some talent a few years ago (Dilfer, McCall, et al).

Pharm Frog

Weird season for sure. But maybe time for a reboot? I defer to Pharm on these matters. I’m just a Schlub in Austin who keeps up with most TCU Sports from a distance. Never seen or watched a game. Know we had some talent a few years ago (Dilfer, McCall, et al).

There’s more than sufficient talent on THIS team to slaughter a team like Tarleton. But didn’t. They meet again in March so maybe it’ll happen then. The program is broken and I’m very doubtful that we have the staff to put it back together.

Didn't Dilfer transfer after one year?

We're a sand volleyball school anyway. They have the best unis on campus.

Pharm Frog

Don’t know what’s worse...losing to Tarleton in four sets and getting thoroughly whipped at the net or the apparent apathy around the program. No quotes from coach in the GoFrogs write up. And no genuine interest in getting any remaining fans more involved. Check this out. I guess you have to inquire about tickets to find out what day they play at 1pm.

UP NEXT:
The Horned Frogs return to Fort Worth for their spring season home opener against Texas State. First serve is set for 1 p.m. inside Schollmaier Arena. Click here for tickets.

FWIW: It’s Saturday and Texas State is much more experienced and talented than Tarleton but they just got thumped by University of North Texas in Denton so there’s that.

Pharm Frog

In case you are following but I expect that you aren’t (and I can’t blame you)....the Frogs got slaughtered by Texas State today 3-0 (14, 22, 19). Moose predicted that the mini-season would keep the losses to a minimum. It may turn out to be the maximum number of losses possible.

Frogs are 1-11 and next up is a home and home with UTA.

Eight

In case you are following but I expect that you aren’t (and I can’t blame you)....the Frogs got slaughtered by Texas State today 3-0 (14, 22, 19). Moose predicted that the mini-season would keep the losses to a minimum. It may turn out to be the maximum number of losses possible.

Frogs are 1-11 and next up is a home and home with UTA.

so how did things gets so bad so fast with volleyball and no one say the frogs are playing more freshmen than any other program in the country, the covid etc...