• The KillerFrogs

Kyle Field 2021 Capacity

ftwfrog

You have to plan for the most work. You can’t plan for 25k at Kyle field, hire 25% of the food concessions, security, parking attendants, game day opps, order 25% of the hot dogs, peanuts, funnel cakes, and then decide, “hey! We can have 75k!”

Could you imagine the bitching by the maniacs of the world if you were allowed to attend the game but had to wait 30 mins for a hot dog and they just ran out? Jesus I thought we re-hired Sonny when I read the thread about the poor food options at Globe Life Field.

Salfrog

Tier 1
You realize your post is less than 6 feet from @Salfrog . It's ok though, he's a good guy. You will like him. @steelfrog , not so much.

Thanks Spike, you're pretty awesome yourself my friend! Especially since we love the same 80's Hair Bands & Metal music. We need to get together soon and go watch my buddies in Metal Shop when they play locally again. We can invite steelfrog to join in on the mayhem.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

They will run this with right up to a time when the narrative will change to:
“Due to new data from the CDC, WHO, and the White House we will be unable to allow full fan participation. We tried very hard, but the data has made normal operations impossible. Please understand and send money anyway.”
they have to start at 100% because they, like all schools, are hurting for cash flow right now.

It is a lot easier to get the money and say sorry - but we can apply to next year if you want then it is to say you can't have tickets but we need you to send money anyway

I was shocked we didn't do this with baseball - but we waited so long to even sell tickets it would have been really bad to backtrack at that point.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Gov. Greg Abbott weighing end to mask order, other statewide coronavirus rules, says announcement coming “pretty soon”

Gov. Greg Abbott said Thursday that Texas is looking at when it will be able to lift all statewide orders related to the coronavirus pandemic and that an announcement is forthcoming.

Abbott made the comments at a Corpus Christi news conference where he was asked when the statewide mask mandate would end as Texans continue to get vaccinated. That requirement has been in effect since July.

Abbott called it a “great question.”

Read more at https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/25/greg-abbott-mask-order-end/

Gov. Greg Abbott weighing end to mask order, other statewide coronavirus rules, says announcement coming “pretty soon”

Gov. Greg Abbott said Thursday that Texas is looking at when it will be able to lift all statewide orders related to the coronavirus pandemic and that an announcement is forthcoming.

Abbott made the comments at a Corpus Christi news conference where he was asked when the statewide mask mandate would end as Texans continue to get vaccinated. That requirement has been in effect since July.

Abbott called it a “great question.”

Read more at https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/25/greg-abbott-mask-order-end/
But, from the same article, it goes on and on and on:

The Centers for Disease Control recommends that people who have received two doses of the vaccine continue to avoid crowds, stay at least 6 feet away from people who live outside their households, and wear masks to cover their nose and mouth.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
But, from the same article, it goes on and on and on:

The Centers for Disease Control recommends that people who have received two doses of the vaccine continue to avoid crowds, stay at least 6 feet away from people who live outside their households, and wear masks to cover their nose and mouth.
"Recommends" being the key word. Most Texans are tired of Fauci's contradictions and CDC's "recommendations." People and businesses know how to protect themsevles and customers and we all can decide if we want to be in a bar or stay home curled up in a corner wearing two masks.

I would think something has gone very wrong if we aren't allowing full capacity by September.
From the NY Times this week (updated 4 hours ago):

Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, President Biden’s chief medical adviser for Covid-19, said on Sunday that Americans may still be wearing masks outside their homes a year from now, even as he predicted the country would return to “a significant degree of normality” by fall.

“I want it to keep going down to a baseline that’s so low there is virtually no threat,” Dr. Fauci said on the CNN program “State of the Union,” referring to the number of cases nationally that would make him comfortable enough to stop recommending universal masking.

Do you really think they are going to allow full stadiums if people are still having to wear masks? The rationale behind a mask is that the virus is still a threat. If the virus is still a threat, why would they allow 100% capacity? Masks, but no social distancing seems highly unlikely.

Also from the article...high school kids won't be getting the vaccination until the Fall. Younger kids won't be getting it until 2022.

On this last question, Dr. Fauci said on “Fox News Sunday” that he hoped high school students, far fewer of whom have gone back to classrooms compared with younger children, would be eligible for vaccination in the fall.

“That’s why we are pushing on those studies, to get them vaccinated,” he said of teenagers, who are currently the subject of clinical trials by Pfizer and Moderna. “That will likely occur in the fall; I can’t say it’s going to be on day one of when school starts in the fall term.”

Vaccinations for younger children, however, “likely will not be before the beginning of the first quarter of 2022,” Dr. Fauci said.

Do you think we can have stadiums full of high school and younger kids who haven't been vaccinated?