• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Signs point toward Doug Meacham becoming TCU football’s new offensive coordinator

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Signs point toward Doug Meacham becoming TCU football’s new offensive coordinator

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU football didn’t have to look far for its next offensive coordinator.

Doug Meacham is expected to receive the promotion from inside receivers/tight ends coach to OC, a source confirmed on Thursday afternoon. Meacham has updated his Twitter bio to reflect the change.

However, a source said the promotion is not finalized yet. It is still in the paperwork process like Kenny Hill’s promotion from analyst to quarterbacks coach.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article248670905.html

tcudoc

drew is right on top of this
tenor.gif

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Pretty sure Meacham is the guy that convinced GMFP that the WR sweep is a power running play!!!

Look for 4 RB's to enter the Transfer Portal as their never gonna see the MF ball!!!!!

Westsider

Fascinating...I was thinking GP would go with a complete outsider known for innovative and disruptive offensive schemes. Somebody with fresh ideas to challenge the thinking of overall program. Surprised he went inside the program with the pick.

He did go with an outside innovator. Just last year. Head Coach of Offense and Chief Guru Jerry Kill. Strangely, not a word from him about the promotion of one of his people.

CountryFrog

I seem to remember Aaron Green having some really great games with DM calling plays so Doug isn't totally immune to running the football.

I had a much bigger problem with the RB rotation last year trying to get 4 guys carries than the amount of times we ran. I can't stand watching games where our QB has 19 carries and none of the RB's have more than 6.