• The KillerFrogs

Jamie has the COVID

HFrog1999

. I'm 29 in good shape and lift 4x per week with some cardio mixed in.

Diesel%20Kid%20Lifts%20Weights.gif

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Those people have lost the argument, lost public opinion, and it cost most of them their preferred candidates Presidency (and the Senate too). Their rosy predictions were proved wrong at every single turn, and the numbers speak for themselves. Its a national embarassment, but the vaccine is here (if we can get that roll out right, which thus far we are predictably struggling), we will be through this soon.

(I am sure some of the above referenced will feel compelled to reply with their same tired lines. Please feel free, I do enjoy seeing flat earthers bothered when faced with facts, but it's clear where the facts are, and fortunately these theories have been widely rejected).

Please. Take your tongue out of Dr. Levine's mouth...

Moose Stuff

I just popped positive for covid. Had fevers last week on Tuesday and Wednesday, advil would help for a few hours and then it would come back. Felt not quite back to normal Thursday, and have felt healthy since. I'm 29 in good shape and lift 4x per week with some cardio mixed in. I thought I had something else when I had the fevers. My fiance has been around me the whole time and she is still not sick and has no symptoms.

The virus just effects people differently and sometimes in weird ways. That's my conclusion. I can't believe I got sick and she didn't, thought it would be the other way around

So you're young and in shape, you got COVID, and pretty much nothing bad at all happened to you. That's kinda the point, no?

BABYFACE

In one of the earlier known cases that was all over the media, a young British man who was a teacher in Wuhan claims he got over the virus by drinking whiskey.

Who knows - I like to think Tequila kills germs. I know I feel better after a belt or two when I'm starting to feel crappy ;)
That would be so heinous to catch the virus from whiskey.

BABYFACE

I just popped positive for covid. Had fevers last week on Tuesday and Wednesday, advil would help for a few hours and then it would come back. Felt not quite back to normal Thursday, and have felt healthy since. I'm 29 in good shape and lift 4x per week with some cardio mixed in. I thought I had something else when I had the fevers. My fiance has been around me the whole time and she is still not sick and has no symptoms.

The virus just effects people differently and sometimes in weird ways. That's my conclusion. I can't believe I got sick and she didn't, thought it would be the other way around

Good to hear you are getting back to normal.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Oh, I agree. It seems far fetched to catch it that way. I guess people passing around a bottle and drinking directly from it could be possible, but that would be it.
There are an infinite number of potential vectors for respiratory diseases.

While I don't generally pass around the bottle (My sole exception is funerals where fires are involved), when I am serving fine booze, I recommend Riedel drinking instruments.

Genbukan

I'm no doctor (and haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn Express), but I've been having this thought for quite a while now regarding the genetic predisposition/resistance. I've seen too many people get it with almost all of the key check boxes filled in (heart disease, obesity, 70 - 80 years old [one 93], diabetus, etc. and show almost no symptoms at all. Meanwhile, some who are quite healthy, young, and generally considered not at risk get it and it nearly kills them (some others die, but I've not know one of them personally). My gut tells me the underlying health conditions and age are generally reliable risk factors because the death statistics are very compelling, but certain people must have some genetic sequence that protects them even in bad health while others who are otherwise healthy have a genetic sequence that makes them susceptible. It's definitely a weird deal.[/QUOT

Blood type seems to have some effect. The spikes on the virus catch easier on A, B and AB blood types. O type blood is structured in a way that makes it harder for the covid spikes to attach.

This is based upon several studies...or summarized news reports of studies... which were read and understood by an accountant with no medical and little scientific training (sans a strong liberal arts curriculum with a mandatory science component) so take it for what's its worth.

jack the frog

I'm no doctor (and haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn Express), but I've been having this thought for quite a while now regarding the genetic predisposition/resistance. I've seen too many people get it with almost all of the key check boxes filled in (heart disease, obesity, 70 - 80 years old [one 93], diabetus, etc. and show almost no symptoms at all. Meanwhile, some who are quite healthy, young, and generally considered not at risk get it and it nearly kills them (some others die, but I've not know one of them personally). My gut tells me the underlying health conditions and age are generally reliable risk factors because the death statistics are very compelling, but certain people must have some genetic sequence that protects them even in bad health while others who are otherwise healthy have a genetic sequence that makes them susceptible. It's definitely a weird deal.

I agree with all of this, and also vitamin D levels may play a role in suppression. I've mentioned this but I had a very mild case confirmed test positive. I am 56 and a daily gym/running guy, normal weight, type O blood with a touch of COPD that seems to be family tradition on my dads side. No fever, no headache, no respiratory effects but did experience loss of taste, fatigue and some weird lesions on my arm. I napped some but really only missed a couple of days of running in lieu of the gym.

My heart goes out to the people that are not as lucky. I admit to being a little apprehensive over that week. You can tell somehow that this is a foreign invader and not one of the ancient viral friends our bodies know how to deal with. That must be a terrifying ride for those that suffer so much. Heartbreaking.

Last edited:

mc1502

I tested positive on December 26th. I was really sick (like didn't get out of bed) for 5 days, and was generally ill for about a week and a half.

Now jump to last week. I got a terrible headache that lasted about 5 days, then I start developing a very painful rash around my eye. I was diagnosed with shingles on Tuesday of this week. I can't help but to think that me getting shingles had something to do with COVID putting my immune system in a blender.

Last edited:

tcudoc

I tested positive on December 26th. I was really sick (like didn't get out of bed) for 5 days, and was generally ill for about a week and a half.

Now jump to last week. I got a terrible headache that lasted about 5 days, then I start developing a very painful rash around my eye. I was diagnosed with shingles on Tuesday of this week. I can't help but to think that me getting shingles had something to do with COVID putting my immune system in a blender.
Shingles in the trigeninal V1 distribution around the eye is terrible. I hope you recover without the long term post herpetic neuralgia issues. Back in the day, I used to do stellate ganglion nerve blocks to treat that. It was helpful in severe cases.