• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Behind Patterson’s energy and a young roster, TCU AD sets high expectations for 2021

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
donati_1.jpg

Behind Patterson’s energy and a young roster, TCU AD sets high expectations for 2021

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati has high expectations for the 2021 football season. The Horned Frogs won five of their final six games in 2020, and Donati believes they should return to competing for a Big 12 championship — and possibly more — next season.

“We have set the bar high as a program and we expect to win a lot of football games,” Donati said. “Everyone understands that. We bring back a young, talented team. We bring back a lot of leadership and a lot of guys who are hungry for more success. I like the coaches we have and I like the plan in which they put forth in front of our guys — not just on the field but off the field. I expect us to compete for a Big 12 championship next year.”

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article248477630.html

Pharm Frog

Two observations:

1) “Gary has got as much energy as I’ve seen in my nine years here at TCU,” Donati said. If true (and I do not for one second to believe it to be so), wouldn’t he need MORE energy to affect positive change.

2) Maybe we’re getting smart finally and keeping GP as far away from the media as possible. I mean...what have we heard from the man recently? It’s been all JD as far as I can tell including the bowl cancellation.

TK2000

I see this article as a good thing. He publicly stated “ we expect to win a lot of football games next year and compete for a Big 12 title”

now if Gary rattles off 6-7 wins he will be falling below expectations

no more “ grow em up in 2021”

Salfrog

Tier 1
I see this article as a good thing. He publicly stated “ we expect to win a lot of football games next year and compete for a Big 12 title”

now if Gary rattles off 6-7 wins he will be falling below expectations

no more “ grow em up in 2021”

This is what I was wondering. If we don't challenge for the title next year, does this mean GP is officially on the "hot seat"?

I'll be honest, I have a hard time believing that. I guess we shall see if Donati is growing a pair, or it's the usual just wanting to sound tough to quiet the grumbling that has been getting louder & louder over the last few years. Plus, he knows season ticket holders are growing very impatient, and the program is at a make or break point with the GoR coming up in a couple of years.

Last edited:

Putt4Purple

This is what I was wondering. If we don't challenge for the title next year, does this mean GP is officially on the "hot seat"?

I'll be honest, I have a hard time believing that. I guess we shall see if Donati is growing a pair, or it's the usual just wanting to sound tough to quiet the grumbling that has been getting louder & louder over the last few years. He knows season ticket holders are growing very impatient, and the program is at a make or break point with the GoR coming up in a couple of years.

What is GoR?

Pharm Frog

I'll be honest, I have a hard time believing that. I guess we shall see if Donati is growing a pair, or it's the usual just wanting to sound tough to quiet the grumbling that has been getting louder & louder over the last few years. He knows season ticket holders are growing very impatient, and the program is at a make or break point with the GoR coming up in a couple of years.

Season tickets are the only reason that JD contributed to that article.

4th. down

My daughter (grown) has a friend that her daughter is at TCU now......spring semester, no in person classes or labs, all virtual, including saturdays and no spring break. $60K grand, a lot of cash for this action. Anyone have a similar report?