• The KillerFrogs

Herman Getting Walking Papers From CDC?

Putt4Purple

I really don't think the UT types appreciate the terrible spectre that the Longhorn Network is to any Coach who is considering taking the reins down there. No one wants a camera stuck in their face 8 hours a day, or having to take a moment at all hours to talk to some Network drone. And, the knowledge that some completely innocuous comment made in passing may become a huge controversy for no really good reason would make anyone nervous. I mean, it's not like the job already comes with a lot of stress. "Here! Have another helping! We're your friends!"

Sure. UM is down for that. Uh huh.

I agree with you %100. To make the assumption that UM would jump at that situation with his supposed health issues at his age is asking a lot. Money is no good when your dead.
From my readings on UM status in life I get the vibes he would love it here in Fort Worth before the UT in Austin. Just a feeling I get. Do I think it will happen? No.
As frustrating it has been for us Frogs the past three years eventually GP will right the ship. I say that hoping he has an epiphany about the offensive scheme in the off season.
Go Frogs!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I agree with you %100. To make the assumption that UM would jump at that situation with his supposed health issues at his age is asking a lot. Money is no good when your dead.
From my readings on UM status in life I get the vibes he would love it here in Fort Worth before the UT in Austin. Just a feeling I get. Do I think it will happen? No.
As frustrating it has been for us Frogs the past three years eventually GP will right the ship. I say that hoping he has an epiphany about the offensive scheme in the off season.
Go Frogs!

I would bet the only private school Meyer would even consider would be Notre Dame.
Just looking at his demeanor, I would guess any mention of TCU would only get an arrogant chuckle.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I would bet the only private school Meyer would even consider would be Notre Dame.
Just looking at his demeanor, I would guess any mention of TCU would only get an arrogant chuckle.

I don't believe he would chuckle at the TCU job at all. He has stated a couple of times already over the years that the TCU job was a top 10 job in the country for any coach because of it being in the middle of a hot bed of recruiting talent, and Fort Worth being a great city to live in. He wouldn't have to go very far to recruit a NC team here.

Putt4Purple

There has been mention on this board he had visited the campus in recent years and was impressed. On Fox broadcast lately was very complimentary of the program but noticed something was wrong.
Again I'm not saying he's coming here but to say he snubs his nose at us and looks down on TCU is wrong.
Does any one remember years ago when Urban Myers was at Utah and Patterson/TCU spanked him? He remembers and has not forgotten that!

Wexahu

I don't believe he would chuckle at the TCU job at all. He has stated a couple of times already over the years that the TCU job was a top 10 job in the country for any coach because of it being in the middle of a hot bed of recruiting talent, and Fort Worth being a great city to live in. He wouldn't have to go very far to recruit a NC team here.

I don't think there's a chance in hell he comes to TCU, but I don't understand why more coaches at the supposed top of their game who have already been to the pinnacle don't consider it. You'd think the challenge of possibly winning a NC at a school like TCU would be appealing to a guy like him.

I guess Holtz and Spurrier did it at South Carolina but I'd argue winning big at TCU might be easier. And it would seem like it'd be more fun not having to deal with all the big state school BS.

Last edited:

Froggish

I don't think there's a chance in hell he comes to TCU, but I don't understand why more coaches at the supposed top of their game who have already been to the pinnacle don't consider it. You'd think the challenge of possibly winning a NC at a school like TCU would be appealing to a guy like him.

I guess Holtz and Spurrier did it at South Carolina but I'd argue winning big at TCU might be easier. And it would seem like it's be more fun not having to deal with all the big state school BS.

For all the grief GP gets he really has set the table for the next guy. If a dynamic recruiter is ever hired in Ft Worth there's potential for a mountain of talent to build at TCU. Of course its meaningless if you can't coach it up. However, the money, facilities, brand recognition, and most importantly, the P5 conference affiliation is in place to really turn this thing into a sleeping giant.

helcap

There has been mention on this board he had visited the campus in recent years and was impressed. On Fox broadcast lately was very complimentary of the program but noticed something was wrong.
Again I'm not saying he's coming here but to say he snubs his nose at us and looks down on TCU is wrong.
Does any one remember years ago when Urban Myers was at Utah and Patterson/TCU spanked him? He remembers and has not forgotten that!
I don't remember because it never happened. Meyer was coach of Utah for only two seasons 2003-2004. Never faced TCU

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

I doubt he included himself as one of those coaches. I’ve only heard snarky comments from him about TCU. I couldn’t find a single positive quote regarding TCU when I Googled it. Not saying he didn’t ever say what you allude to, but after hearing his schtick up here for years any time says something nice about anyone he’s looking down his nose and being snarky or just being political.