• The KillerFrogs

5 years ago today....

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I shot a Mineral Wells high school playoff game that afternoon in spitting sleet in Abilene and hustled back to Fort Worth with my sports editor Clint Foster (the TCU fan video guy) and we slid in just in time for the start of the game thanks to a lightning delay. Was cold and wet all day but what a great day.

Horny4TCU

I was so cold and so happy. It was one of the few games my wife was able to attend with me. She was miserable and hated it, but stuck through it with me. At the end we were both numb and cold, and I was shouting horrible things at bailure fans that were mouthing horrible things all night, right behind us. Ended the night well, if I remember correctly. It's the best way to warm up, if you ask me ;-).

Easily one of my fondest memory of TCU sports. Just getting dressed for that game is closest I've come to preparing for battle. My supposedly water proof gloves gave up mid way through the 3rd quarter and I realized walking back to the car that my supposed rain suit had allowed some intrusions which just got colder and colder on the way home. Great sports memory and my greatest ever memory of a hot shower when I got home.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
We were sitting in the south endzone and as soon as we got the stop on 4th down, I was gone. I busted my ass so hard jumping over the railing. I lost my grip because of the damn rain and landed flat on my back lol. Did a flip and was back on my feet in the middle of the madness before I could even think about what happened. Woke up the next morning and could barely walk lmao.

I'd do it all over again. The atmosphere for those type of games are awesome. Lucky enough to rush field for Utah(2009), ou(2014) and ut last year.

Last edited:

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I was in the press box for that game thanking the Good Lord that I wasn't doing sideline video. I drove Scott to that game and he was sitting on the East Side the entire time. When Wes and I met him back at the car in the garage after the game he was soaked, dripping large puddles, looked like he had just been dragged under a bus, but had the biggest smile I'd ever seen on his face.

Moose Stuff

We were sitting in the south endzone and as soon as we got the stop on 4th down, I was gone. I busted my ass so hard jumping over the railing. I lost my grip because of the damn rain and landed flat on my back lol. Did a flip and was back on my feet in the middle of the madness before I could even think about what happened. Woke up the next morning and could barely walk lmao.

I'd do it all over again. The atmosphere for those type of games are awesome. Lucky enough to rush field for Utah(2009), ou(2014) and ut last year.
Aaaaaaaahahahahahaha..... my youngest daughter and I were probably 10 feet behind you. I suppose you weren't the only one who this happened to that night but I'm pretty confident I witnessed this. We laughed at you. :)

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I was in the press box for that game thanking the Good Lord that I wasn't doing sideline video. I drove Scott to that game and he was sitting on the East Side the entire time. When Wes and I met him back at the car in the garage after the game he was soaked, dripping large puddles, looked like he had just been dragged under a bus, but had the biggest smile I'd ever seen on his face.
Scott would pass away not long after this. The five-year mark of his passing is coming in a couple of weeks.

ShreveFrog

We watched the no huddle cut last night. Awesome. The tv did not do justice as to how awful the conditions were.
I remember gassing up in Ardmore OK before picking up Leap Frog and my Mom, both in their 80s, feeling the cold as it rained, and thinking this might be a big mistake. Man we were all glad we were there in the end!