• The KillerFrogs

Fave LHCGP Era Memory (NOT the Rose Bowl)

JugbandFrog

You gotta dig deep folks.

With some of us worried about the future of TCU football, I think it is time to remember the past. Who knows it LHCGP can go out on top. I want him to leave on his own terms with as successful an end as beginning.

1. TCU v Boise State Poinsettia Bowl.

Our D was electric that night. Holy crap. I miss that. I stopped typing this and started watching on the YouTube and it is clear to see Dick Bumpas’ impact.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It's nice to remember that a few nights later, Utah went to the Sugar Bowl and physically beat Alabama around the field. And, the reason the BCS creeps stuck us and Boise in the same Bowl, again, is that we'd have annihilated any team they matched us up with and thus made their "Big Boy" teams look bad.

Can't be having that.

A fond memory is the 2010 Rape U. match in Fort Worth. Beating the living crap out of a bunch of mouthy, cheapshotting creeps was a beautiful thing. And it was done with grace, class, and above all, style.

HFrog1999

The 2005 Houston Bowl. It’s my favorite memory because after the game Patterson came to the Alumni party to speak to us. Then after talking, he got in line for the buffet with a beer under his arm. We would’ve let him cut, he did win the game after all. However, Patterson was just a regular guy willing to spend time talking to anyone in the room

Wexahu

Will never be matched. Absolutely electric and then the Frogs broke out the buzzsaw on them.

Our re-built stadium is very nice, but it is too segmented / spacious for that atmosphere to be recreated.

I think the 2015 Baylor game had a chance to come close to that atmosphere, but the weather didn't cooperate. That the atmosphere was as good as it was considering it was 38 degrees and a downpour virtually the entire game was pretty unbelievable. Easily the most miserable I've been watching a game, but it was awesome all the same.

If it was 60 degrees and dry we'd have seen the current ACS near it's max potential in terms of atmosphere. The rivalry was at it's most heated right about then.

Frog92

I think the 2015 Baylor game had a chance to come close to that atmosphere, but the weather didn't cooperate. That the atmosphere was as good as it was considering it was 38 degrees and a downpour virtually the entire game was pretty unbelievable. Easily the most miserable I've been watching a game, but it was awesome all the same.

If it was 60 degrees and dry we'd have seen the current ACS near it's max potential in terms of atmosphere. The rivalry was at it's most heated right about then.
Was in attendance and agree completely. Wouldn't have missed it for the world but it was miserable. At least we won, so the misery was worth it.

GenXFrog

Tons of favorite game memories. But my best memory, by far, was on Saturday, August 23rd, 2014.

That was the day my youngest became a die-hard TCU fan, and not just the girl who we had to drag to games. ;-)

Here she is, on the field, playing quarterback, and throwing a pass to Trevone Boykin, who became her favorite player.

meet the frogs.jpg

practice game 2014.jpg

Zubaz

Here are some deeper cuts:

2001 Louisville. They were ranked pretty high, it was Patterson's first season and things were not really going well (we lost to FCS Northwestern State in Patterson's first home game). It was Thanksgiving weekend as I recall so nobody was there....and we just spanked them. If I remember right, our first drive was an 80 yard bomb, followed by a squib kick recovery and a trick play touchdown, and before anyone knew what was happening were up 14-0.

That led to the following year and Louisville "owing us a butt whooping" and wanting to "take us to the woodshed".....and we spanked them again.

2003 Cinci game where the student section was constantly raining Tostitos might be my favorite home game as a student.

2005's BYU comeback was insane. I wish someone had a copy to throw on Youtube.

2012 WVU's was beyond nuts too, feel like that one doesn't get talked about enough in terms of heart attack games.

The 2005 Houston Bowl. It’s my favorite memory because after the game Patterson came to the Alumni party to speak to us. Then after talking, he got in line for the buffet with a beer under his arm. We would’ve let him cut, he did win the game after all. However, Patterson was just a regular guy willing to spend time talking to anyone in the room
If I remember correctly (@TxFrog1999), didn't Scott put like 500 Club tix on his AMEX so KF.Cs could get first dibs? Then another donor (and then-active poster) caught on and purchased the remaining 2,500? Prevented the secondary market from spiking the price and allowed a lot of us to get 50 yard-line seats at a wholesale price.