• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

I mean yeah, our WC squad and Olympics squad could almost be identical. And I think Brendan Aaronson isn't too far behind the group you mentioned. Think he's 19.
I left Aaronson out on purpose bc we've basically only seen a few weeks from him. I'll buy in when we see him keep the same pace over a longer duration. I'm hopeful he's the talisman we need, though.

Moose Stuff

I left Aaronson out on purpose bc we've basically only seen a few weeks from him. I'll buy in when we see him keep the same pace over a longer duration. I'm hopeful he's the talisman we need, though.

I've been trying to watch the Union as much as possible to see him and McKenzie. Not sure what type of impact they'll have but both look like future USMNT contributors to me. Will be interested to see how Aaronson does in Salzburg.

Purp

I've been trying to watch the Union as much as possible to see him and McKenzie. Not sure what type of impact they'll have but both look like future USMNT contributors to me. Will be interested to see how Aaronson does in Salzburg.
I agree with you. I'm just the standard jaded USMNT supporter who's been kicked in the nuts for decades by every shiny new #9 that flashes all that potential and then ends up realizing a fraction of what could have been. It's going to take me longer to let myself believe what we see isn't fool's gold.

Moose Stuff

I agree with you. I'm just the standard jaded USMNT supporter who's been kicked in the nuts for decades by every shiny new #9 that flashes all that potential and then ends up realizing a fraction of what could have been. It's going to take me longer to let myself believe what we see isn't fool's gold.

What if I told you that Freddy Adu was making a comeback?

Purp

What if I told you that Freddy Adu was making a comeback?
He'll be in his mid-30s for Qatar. If he makes a full comeback and gets quality minutes at a club by next summer he could maybe sub in for the Nats, but I don't see him overtaking Pulisic or Gio at an outside mid position and he's not overtaking McKennie or Musah in a central midfield role. He's not the #9 we need. I just don't see how he adds any value at this point. I hope, for his sake, he can make it work, though. I feel like he's largely a victim of expectations that were impossible to keep up with.

Moose Stuff

He'll be in his mid-30s for Qatar. If he makes a full comeback and gets quality minutes at a club by next summer he could maybe sub in for the Nats, but I don't see him overtaking Pulisic or Gio at an outside mid position and he's not overtaking McKennie or Musah in a central midfield role. He's not the #9 we need. I just don't see how he adds any value at this point. I hope, for his sake, he can make it work, though. I feel like he's largely a victim of expectations that were impossible to keep up with.

Well you took me seriously when I did not intend for you to do so. How embarrassing.

Purp

Well you took me seriously when I did not intend for you to do so. How embarrassing.
I think he's back in Europe, isn't he? I figured you'd read something more recent than I on him. Definitely didn't see it as a joke, though I did catch the sarcasm in your voice. I just assumed you were making light of his planned resurrection.

Moose Stuff

I think he's back in Europe, isn't he? I figured you'd read something more recent than I on him. Definitely didn't see it as a joke, though I did catch the sarcasm in your voice. I just assumed you were making light of his planned resurrection.

If he is I had no idea. How embarrassing for me if so.

Eight

gio reyna's signs an extension with borussia dortmund into 2025.

they seem to do a good job developing young talent though it will be interesting to see what happens in the near future with sancho and haaland.

didn't see terms, but i would guess he won't be needing an allowance from mom and dad