• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Paul in uhh

2020 and the VID can go darn off a cliff!

A friend from church was told yesterday that he would be going home tomorrow after fighting the VID for a week or so in the ICU and as of a couple hours ago he's now not expected to make it through the night. He's 37.

My uncle was admitted to the hospital yesterday morning with the VID and passed away this morning. He was 59. His running Christmas "wish" was for the Cowboys to make another Super Bowl in his lifetime so he could go. Thanks for nothing, Jerry.

Gonna be drinking many a whiskey drink tonight.
I’m so sorry. Prayers for you and your loved ones. I can’t imagine.

MTfrog5

2020 and the VID can go darn off a cliff!

A friend from church was told yesterday that he would be going home tomorrow after fighting the VID for a week or so in the ICU and as of a couple hours ago he's now not expected to make it through the night. He's 37.

My uncle was admitted to the hospital yesterday morning with the VID and passed away this morning. He was 59. His running Christmas "wish" was for the Cowboys to make another Super Bowl in his lifetime so he could go. Thanks for nothing, Jerry.

Gonna be drinking many a whiskey drink tonight.
Sorry to hear. I’m afraid we might be going through something similar with my wife’s uncle. Has heart and diabetes and was taken to the hospital two days ago. Now have Covid and pneumonia

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
9400-Single-Loop-Controller.gif

froginmn

Thanks for the kindness regarding my job change discussion. Had a couple discussions. My direct boss was cool and supported my request for the timing I requested. My director, who I had reported directly to for 15 years, was a bit harder to read. I've heard new employees who I introduced to him say they thought he doesn't like them; he can come across that way so not 100% sure what to make of my conversation. Oh well.

Might have also been the fact that I built the systems that made him look good all these years so he's sorry to see me go. Not too concerned either way. It was cordial if nothing else.

Talked to a top executive, whose response, in a word, was "[ Finebaum ]". Had a good discussion with him and that helped reinforce the good I've done and the reason I'm leaving.

Lots of good words when I broke the news to my staff, which was most important to me. And best, when I spoke with my new employer to formally sign the offer, was told I gave one of the best interviews they've seen. That's huge to know I'm on the same page as them.

On to new pastures soon with a very good company. My regret is that MN restaurants are closed for at least four weeks, so not sure I'll have an option to go out for a farewell lunch.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

Grunge is the best musical genre ever, pulled pork is better than brisket, and the Oxford comma sucks.

Buckle up, we’ll be there by morning.
Liked for "the Oxford comma sucks."

Serious question, is it still considered an Oxford comma when the second comma is used to split apart a part of the sentence that uses "and" in between two terms just before the us of another "and" that seperates the final part? Is that comma really even allowed? Why can't we just use and or or instead of commas?
How many calories are in a bowl of jello? Why is the sky blue? If a bear [ Finebaum ]s in the woods and nobody smells it, is it a fern? Is a bird in the hand really worth two in the bush? If a cumulus cloud dips to 999 feet, does it have its membership revoked?

HFrog1999

Liked for "the Oxford comma sucks."

Serious question, is it still considered an Oxford comma when the second comma is used to split apart a part of the sentence that uses "and" in between two terms just before the us of another "and" that seperates the final part? Is that comma really even allowed? Why can't we just use and or or instead of commas?
How many calories are in a bowl of jello? Why is the sky blue? If a bear [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]s in the woods and nobody smells it, is it a fern? Is a bird in the hand really worth two in the bush? If a cumulus cloud dips to 999 feet, does it have its membership revoked?

tl.gif