• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

FrogCoach84

Side note it’s 79-0 Argyle after 3. Some of these early round matchups are so hard to watch; just complete mismatches with 4 teams getting in from each district.

Eight

Side note it’s 79-0 Argyle after 3. Some of these early round matchups are so hard to watch; just complete mismatches with 4 teams getting in from each district.

especially so with the lower classifications. not sure north dallas has had anything since kevin murray played there long, long ago

heck, newton lost their first two games of the season by a combined score of 126 - 20 to jasper and wos and then won 6 straight by a margin of 373 - 29

Moose Stuff

You mean kids that have actually demonstrated they are good at football?

A. Washington fits that mold too. Was a stud in high school, productive as hell, but a little undersized. Comes in and what do you know, he's good at football, right away.

Yep. We seem to have really moved away from that lately.

Punter1

I feel like DE is slowly becoming a position of solid depth, especially if the two commits stick with us.

So next year we will have...

Starters: Mathis and Coleman
2nd Team: Horton and Ellison
3rd Team: Armstrong and ??
True Freshman: Watson and Murray

We have a lot of bodies for sure but if this University of North Texas guy can provide a speed rush I'd take him in a heart beat. We are still super young at the position and having to defend 80+ plays a game you need 5 solid DEs a game.

Moose Stuff

We have a lot of bodies for sure but if this University of North Texas guy can provide a speed rush I'd take him in a heart beat. We are still super young at the position and having to defend 80+ plays a game you need 5 solid DEs a game.

I think Watson and Murray start pushing into the 2 deep pretty quickly.

MTfrog5

Horton and Coleman I think will start next year. Give Horton one more year to develop and I think he could be really really good.

Punter1

Yep. We seem to have really moved away from that lately.

Plus we have an extremely high success rate with kids from Louisiana.
I think Watson and Murray start pushing into the 2 deep pretty quickly.

I agree...but that isn't a good thing really. We should have 4 solid veteran DEs and if we take this University of North Texas guy we will.

I think Mathis, Coleman and Horton are secure next year as the top three DEs...Ellison seems a little small and slow as of now. Definitely think Watson plays a lot next year. I see Murray as a LJ Collier clone...may take him a little longer to develop but will have a very high NFL ceiling.

This University of North Texas guy looks a ton better than this OU bust we took in Mark Jackson...so I believe if he is healthy and wants to come....we will find a spot for him.

A few offers out tonight-

Currently University of North Texas WR commit TJ Steele. Steele is listed at 6'0 180 and plays at Lubbock Estacado

Also, grad transfer WR Drew Estrada received an offer. Estrada played at Darmouth and in 2019, he had 51 catches for 827 yards and 8 touchdowns. He played his HS ball at Argyle and is listed at 6'0 190

Eight

I feel like DE is slowly becoming a position of solid depth, especially if the two commits stick with us.

think we take any defensive end we can right now as mathis has yet to put together a full ball game, coleman has shown flashes but still needs to get bigger, dylan horton is far from ready to contribute and i have no idea what is happening with colt

what i would really love is defensive end who weighs over 250 lbs. in the mold of lathan or collier who can hold the edge against a double team