• The KillerFrogs

GameDay Thread: TCU at West Virginia

jack the frog

Duggan is not the next Andy Dalton like I thought he’d be.

He’s either injured/bad shoulder, or just a poor passer.

He has heart. I don’t question that. And tough as hell. But not too sure of his arm.

Sorry if I broke the rules of criticizing a player.

I think the potential was there. He is just hurt, shellshocked and the victim of terrible coaching at this point.

JAB331

Baylor and Tech says more about the players and this game says more about the coaches.

Getting really tired of all the new head coaches in the Big 12 embarrassing us (and paying a fraction of the coaching salaries we do). If we can't get a winning season (or even .500) this year or next, it's time for a clean slate while we can still attract top talent. Otherwise, we'll be competing with KU for last place once CGP retires in 2024 and beyond...

GenXFrog

So, yeah.

I miss the roller coaster games of the last few years. While they upped my heart rate, at least we were in them.

I'd be ecstatic if this team gave us the 50+% chance to realize the tired old 'win by one' mantra. We should do better.

And yes, I will be in attendance when we attempt to Protect the Carter against OSU....

CountryFrog

He has heart. I don’t question that. And tough as hell. But not too sure of his arm.

While I personally agree with everything you said here, Dalton was not a very good passer in his first 2 years either. Then had a huge leap forward in his 3rd year and improved even a little more in his 4th.

I am not at all trying to predict that Max is about to take us to 25-1 over the next 2 years but he's still so incredibly young.

TCUWIN

He’s posting about GPs passion and I don’t think he’s wrong. EDit: didn’t see the last sentence because I so agreed with the prior stuff
I think they play hard. I just don’t see the pain from losing. I don’t see anyone so mad they fight. A little more today. I think losing is finally starting to bother them some.

Mean Purple

those bad throws are not because of a shoulder. he throws passes with plenty of zip and form. he's just not accurate and his passing game has not developed at all.

the game has passed this staff by.