• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU men’s basketball is picked to finish near bottom of the Big 12 once again

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU men’s basketball is picked to finish near bottom of the Big 12 once again

BY DREW DAVISON

Expectations aren’t too high for TCU men’s basketball this season. At least based on the Big 12’s preseason poll as voted on by the league’s head coaches.

The Horned Frogs are picked to finish ninth in the 10-team league. They finished tied for 7th last season after being picked to finish last in the preseason poll.

The Baylor Bears are picked to win the league, garnering seven of the 10 votes. Kansas is second with three first-place votes followed by West Virginia, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Iowa State. TCU is ninth with Kansas State picked to finish last.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article246810337.html

Portland Frog

Give me a .500 record in conference and a tourney bid please. I don't care where the frogs finish in the conference standings if this is achieved.

Rose Bowl

This roster is pretty solid. If they can defend and rebound well enough then they should be able to compete in the conference. Need to find a late in the shot clock scorer. With the depth hopefully we’ll play at a faster pace.

Pharm Frog

Always so negative about any subject!!

So the question, do you like anything about TCU team sports?

It was obviously a joke. But to answer your question: football is (and has been) in a downward trend and there’s no evidence of meaningful change or urgency; volleyball is spiraling downward although they do hustle; men’s basketball is basketball as far as I’m concerned but I’m at least intrigued, soccer will never interest me (although I did try a couple of years ago; Frog tennis is cool, and baseball is my passion (but they still can’t bunt for [ Finebaum ]).