• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Horny 4 Life

Had a potentially once in a lifetime whiskey experience last week. Toward the end of last year I tracked down a bottle of Dougherty's blended Pennsylvania rye whiskey that was distilled pre-Prohibition, tanked at least 11 years later, and bottled post-Prohibition. I also tracked down a bottle of Old Overholt Bonded 6 year old whiskey that was barreled the same year as the Frogs first Natty and bottled in 1941. I got together a small group of whiskey-loving friends at a distillery owned by a few of those whiskey-loving friends and we opened them up. I was pretty darn nervous that I may have paid big bucks for skunked or faked whiskey, but those fears were unfounded. The Overholt was easily the best rye I have had in my life. The Dougherty's was excellent as well, but a bit light at 80 proof, and I would gladly drink it every day.

122118308_10103209877182374_3787105837254595556_o.jpg

HFrog1999

Had a potentially once in a lifetime whiskey experience last week. Toward the end of last year I tracked down a bottle of Dougherty's blended Pennsylvania rye whiskey that was distilled pre-Prohibition, tanked at least 11 years later, and bottled post-Prohibition. I also tracked down a bottle of Old Overholt Bonded 6 year old whiskey that was barreled the same year as the Frogs first Natty and bottled in 1941. I got together a small group of whiskey-loving friends at a distillery owned by a few of those whiskey-loving friends and we opened them up. I was pretty darn nervous that I may have paid big bucks for skunked or faked whiskey, but those fears were unfounded. The Overholt was easily the best rye I have had in my life. The Dougherty's was excellent as well, but a bit light at 80 proof, and I would gladly drink it every day.

122118308_10103209877182374_3787105837254595556_o.jpg

That sounds amazing. I must be nice to be "whiskey loving friends" with H4L.