• The KillerFrogs

Gary, This Has Gotten Really, Really Bad

flyfishingfrog

Here's the thing. Some of us at least have the Masters to look forward to next month.

The rest of you are scheissed.
So a winter storm moved through yesterday in Wyoming and I was fishing when it started snowing.

temp dropped and I have a small leak in my waders that eventually let enough water in to basically freeze my foot solid

I had a little over a mile hike back to the truck and had to sit in a frozen cab for 15 minutes before the air got hot enough inside to change out of my waders and put on dry socks before heading home in blizzard conditions driving’s 10 mph from snow marker to snow marker

...all of that was freaking paradise compared to the misery of watching the game on the dvr after I got home....

Last edited:

Eight

I think it has more to do with the coach. He’s the modern players coach, same with Riley. Our guy is an old school yell in your face no fun allowed kind of guy. I really don’t think that style resonates with players anymore especially once you stop winning.

agree dabo seems to have made all the right moves, but he also took over a program with an enormous amount of resources and support

their "bad" stretch lasted 7 years in the 70's and since then ever head coach has had a winning record. the 5 coaches prior to dabo won roughly 2/3 of their games over a 34 year period so he wasn't building something out of nothing similar to riley taking over the ou program

Mean Purple

I feel the same way about Cumbie and Meacham. It’s long past time we move on from those two. Great guys, not the guys we need in charge of the offense.

I’m not far from feeling the same way about the head coach. I think it might be time for a complete program overhaul.
Actually, rcvrs are catching the ball now and we woyld be crazy to think Meach does not have something to do with that.

If ourbline could block...

But GP wont fire Anderson.

Mean Purple

Question—Will ANYONE with news ink or air time in the local media call for GP to move on to his passion for music and step away from football? If not, why not? Will anyone at the Skiff? If we’ve reached Paterno-like deference we’re in more dangerous waters than even I think. It’s not like GP gives anything worthwhile to the press anyway so nothing to lose.
We used to have a tough coach. Now its just a paranoid guy stuffing his guitar case with money and riding out the clock.

Eight

We used to have a tough coach. Now its just a paranoid guy stuffing his guitar case with money and riding out the clock.

hey now, some guitar cases can carry quite a bit of punch

giphy.gif

AroundWorldFrog

So a winter storm moved through yesterday in Wyoming and I was fishing when it started snowing.

temp dropped and I have a small leak in my waders that eventually let enough water in to basically freeze my foot solid

I had a little over a mile hike back to the truck and had to sit in a frozen cab for 15 minutes before the air got hot enough inside to change out of my waders and put on dry socks before heading home in blizzard conditions driving’s 10 mph from snow marker to snow marker

...all of that was freaking paradise compared to the misery of watching the game on the dvr after I got home....
It got brutal yesterday and this morning. I sincerely hope you carry an InReach or Spot on you when you're out like that.

flyfishingfrog

It got brutal yesterday and this morning. I sincerely hope you carry an InReach or Spot on you when you're out like that.
I definitely do

I got the new 66i with InReach

this time of year, I don’t leave the house without my phone, Garmin, a bag of food and warm clothes, fire starter and my .44 magnum wheel gun

cheese83

agree dabo seems to have made all the right moves, but he also took over a program with an enormous amount of resources and support

their "bad" stretch lasted 7 years in the 70's and since then ever head coach has had a winning record. the 5 coaches prior to dabo won roughly 2/3 of their games over a 34 year period so he wasn't building something out of nothing similar to riley taking over the ou program
They were basically an average team in the 90s and early 2000s. It wasn’t some huge powerhouse and their recruiting class weren’t that awesome either. Now they’re a machine and own the ACC over bluebloods like Florida St and Miami.

Virginia Frog

They were basically an average team in the 90s and early 2000s. It wasn’t some huge powerhouse and their recruiting class weren’t that awesome either. Now they’re a machine and own the ACC over bluebloods like Florida St and Miami.
Man, Florida St - they would likely lose to the TCU offensive line sieve this year. And we're crying.

It's about time they got their comeuppance. Their elevation to the "playoff" in 2014 - because they were undefeated and defending Natl Champs - was criminal.

And how come they are still the "Seminoles" - isn't that racist (remember what the NC-double A did to those terrible "Fighting Sioux" of U North Dakota?)

flyfishingfrog

Actually, there are. And a nice .44 that won't jam or mis-feed with the right ammo is a fine companion for such rugged country.
There are also a lot of two legged [ Arschloch]s running around up here at the moment...although the snow and single digit temps will chase most of them back home I am guessing

always carry a revolver in the winter because exactly what you said - won’t jam up and anything less than a .44 magnum just pisses them off

if I am going down, I am going down shooting - that is for sure

flyfishingfrog

Man, Florida St - they would likely lose to the TCU offensive line sieve this year. And we're crying.

It's about time they got their comeuppance. Their elevation to the "playoff" in 2014 - because they were undefeated and defending Natl Champs - was criminal.

And how come they are still the "Seminoles" - isn't that racist (remember what the NC-double A did to those terrible "Fighting Sioux" of U North Dakota?)
They got tribe endorsement