• The KillerFrogs

Gary, This Has Gotten Really, Really Bad

Moose Stuff

scheiss no

need to start over and consider keeping some parts such as kelly, but otherwise it needs to be a clean start

what part of this staff do you feel is doing a good job right now that would indicate they should remain?

Kelly
Gonzalez
Fitch (very well liked and great recruiter)
Applewhite?

Eight

Kelly
Gonzalez
Fitch (very well liked and great recruiter)
Applewhite?

my fear on kelly is it is a matter of time before he is plucked off the staff, but i agree he is a keeper

fitch can recruit but is he a good teacher and is he working with the entire defensive line?

gonzalez has become a solid recruiter, but can he teach someone else's system?

applewhite? who knows, he is coaching backs and that isn't the most difficult task normally and most staffs use that position for a heavy recruiter (i.e. luper)

wilson912

Meacham is a good coach and would bring more positive energy and enthusiasm than Gary is right now. But, if they were to cut Gary, they’d need to go big. I covet Klieman and Campbell but i don’t think either is coming. May need to look at Fleck, Heupel, Fickell, etc.

I’ll be stunned if Donati so much as warns Gary. Tough times folks.

Moose Stuff

my fear on kelly is it is a matter of time before he is plucked off the staff, but i agree he is a keeper

fitch can recruit but is he a good teacher and is he working with the entire defensive line?

gonzalez has become a solid recruiter, but can he teach someone else's system?

applewhite? who knows, he is coaching backs and that isn't the most difficult task normally and most staffs use that position for a heavy recruiter (i.e. luper)

I will not be the least bit surprised if Kelly isn't here much longer.

Wexahu

I'm not sure I've ever said anything like this but I don't see any way possible I spend one cent to attend a TCU game next year if he is still our OL coach in 2021.

I feel the same way about Cumbie and Meacham. It’s long past time we move on from those two. Great guys, not the guys we need in charge of the offense.

I’m not far from feeling the same way about the head coach. I think it might be time for a complete program overhaul.

Pharm Frog

Question—Will ANYONE with news ink or air time in the local media call for GP to move on to his passion for music and step away from football? If not, why not? Will anyone at the Skiff? If we’ve reached Paterno-like deference we’re in more dangerous waters than even I think. It’s not like GP gives anything worthwhile to the press anyway so nothing to lose.

Moose Stuff

Question—Will ANYONE with news ink or air time in the local media call for GP to move on to his passion for music and step away from football? If not, why not? Will anyone at the Skiff? If we’ve reached Paterno-like deference we’re in more dangerous waters than even I think. It’s not like GP gives anything worthwhile to the press anyway so nothing to lose.

I feel like there is only ONE guy who would do it, and he may not do it as a direct question as much as just write an article, but he WOULD do it..... Big Steaming Pile you're our only hope.

Last edited:

Showtime Joe 2.0

The most concerning thing to me is whatever the heck happened at the end of the game. Punting on 4th and 1 down 23 is inexcusable, but if you are waving the white flag then so be it.

But then when OU starts taking a knee and the game is over, and you call time outs? Why?

You can't do both, and that is 100% on the head coach. Would love to get some answers on that one.
Anyone who's watched a lot of football realizes that sometimes your team gets outplayed. And sometimes your team gets outcoached. And sometimes both of those things happen. And sometimes the breaks just seem to go against your team. Those are not unusual occurrences. They happen every week at every level at which the game is played.

But when Patterson took those time-outs when Riley was running the clock out deep in our territory in a sportsmanlike fashion, all I could think of was . . . Fonzie . . . water skiing . . . while wearing a black leather jacket and shorts. It was a totally absurd, bizarre, embarrassing, incongruent, and incomprehensible moment that nobody could've seen coming and which signaled the end of an era.

I hate to say this, my fellow Frogs, but I think our Six Million Dollar Man may have jumped the shark yesterday.

All good things must come to an end. And the sooner we come to terms with that, the better.

LeagueCityFrog

Asking for a friend....

What is it that Clemson, South Carolina has that TCU and Fort Worth, Texas doesn't have or can't achieve.

We beat them at their place ten years ago. Why can't we sustain success instead of having these 35 year old coaches and D2 coaches come to our house and telling us what is up?

Eight

Asking for a friend....

What is it that Clemson, South Carolina has that TCU and Fort Worth, Texas doesn't have or can't achieve.

We beat them at their place ten years ago. Why can't we sustain success instead of having these 35 year old coaches and D2 coaches come to our house and telling us what is up?

top of the head they are a big part of their community in a state that has no pro sports and since the formation of iptay in the mid 30's they have worked to build the relationship between the community and the school's athletic program

cheese83

top of the head they are a big part of their community in a state that has no pro sports and since the formation of iptay in the mid 30's they have worked to build the relationship between the community and the school's athletic program
I think it has more to do with the coach. He’s the modern players coach, same with Riley. Our guy is an old school yell in your face no fun allowed kind of guy. I really don’t think that style resonates with players anymore especially once you stop winning.