• The KillerFrogs

Can anyone remember a running back pass that worked??

Punter1

Me either.
Kyle Hicks tried one right before half in 2016 against Okie Lite that screwed up the whole game. Then Sewo's horrible play against SMU that pretty much cost us the game. Now K Miller's BS effort this year.

Doubt that call today cost us the game but it definitely screwed up that drive and allowed for more OU points. Just shows a pattern of poorly timed, stupid-ass, low percentage calls.

Our offensive staff for years has coached like ratboat and Gary continues to manage the game just to keep their score down...not give us offense extra chances. Which is A HUGE PROBLEM also.

So between our offensive staff not being able to call intelligent plays and GP NEVER wanting to go for it near midfield...our offense doesn't stand a chance.

Miller was a QB in high school.. he can throw, I thought we would see this some this year..it was a poorly timed call and ran to the short side of the field...No one was close to being open... these OC guys couldn’t do worse by just pulling plays out of a hat

Punter1

2015 Alamo Bowl 2 point conversion pass from Shaun Nixon. 2012 OT double reverse TD pass by Brandon Carter.

I don't remember the Nixon play...was he lined up as a true RB or came in motion as a slot?? He did have a nice throw to JD against UT in 2015.

Punter1

Miller was a QB in high school.. he can throw, I thought we would see this some this year..it was a poorly timed call and ran to the short side of the field...No one was close to being open... these OC guys couldn’t do worse by just pulling plays out of a hat

I'm all for some razzle dazzle but that play almost never works run as is....it HAS to be run to the wide side to give the RB some time, options and an escape route.

The play has to have enough time to develop to free up WRs...PLUS...that play only works after a couple quarters of successful running plays. Not early in the game against zone with deep safties.

That call should have been checked out of at the line of scrimmage when we saw the look they gave us...and really shouldn't have been called at all, especially on the right hash.

Eight

I'm all for some razzle dazzle but that play almost never works run as is....it HAS to be run to the wide side to give the RB some time, options and an escape route.

The play has to have enough time to develop to free up WRs...PLUS...that play only works after a couple quarters of successful running plays. Not early in the game against zone with deep safties.

That call should have been checked out of at the line of scrimmage when we saw the look they gave us...and really shouldn't have been called at all, especially on the right hash.

a big key for that play to work is that you actually have tried to run the ball in that manner and maybe even had success

when miller isn't exactly running hard on a sweep that tcu hasn't run all year you really can't expect the defense to bite, similar to the bull [ Finebaum ] formation, the reverse on first down, the...................