• The KillerFrogs

We have better coaches, better athletes...

Zubaz

Downing might be an ok backup but he has to hold on to the damn ball. The strip sack down by our own endzone against Iowa St and then the pick six yesterday killed us in both games.
This is correct. Max was hurt, he needed some time, I get that. Burn the possession, you're only down 7 and their QB makes NFL Tebow look like college Tebow. They couldnt do a thing against our D the second half.

If Max never came back in I'd understand the decision a bit more. Game ending injury and Downing is our guy and all that, but that's not what this was. This was buying time to figure out if the starter could get back in, throwing that ball was insanity and cost us the game.

Zubaz

First of all, lovely to make your acquaintance, Jarrett's cousin / brother / nephew / whatever.
Well since we are talking about losing and Jarrett Anderson, let’s talk about winning! When Jarrett was the OC and Co-OC I remember TCU winning and going to bowl games! More than any and ever before, so let’s don’t blame Jarrett!
You mean when he was Co-OC with a guy that is currently HC at Virginia Tech and doing ok? And then when that guy left, we went 7-6 / 4-8 and he got demoted?
Jarrett isn’t calling the plays anymore for some reason. Apparently the one who is isn’t doing his
What plays work well for "You have 1.5 seconds and then you're gonna get blasted by the entire defensive line"?
Coach Anderson has had more recruits sent to the NFL than any other coach on this team!
This is a bigger indictment on Anderson than you realize.

If those linemen are holding their blocks for 3 to 5 seconds and the QB still has the ball and hasn’t thrown it or running with it, then that’s not Jarrett’s fault!
Agreed, if they gave Max 3-5 seconds that's be great. Instead, he has half that time at best. And that's when they aren't holding or false starting.

Horny4TCU

Well since we are talking about losing and Jarrett Anderson, let’s talk about winning! When Jarrett was the OC and Co-OC I remember TCU winning and going to bowl games! More than any and ever before, so let’s don’t blame Jarrett! Jarrett isn’t calling the plays anymore for some reason. Apparently the one who is isn’t doing his job. Jarrett Anderson knows more about football probably more than some of the ones making decisions and calls! Coach Anderson has had more recruits sent to the NFL than any other coach on this team! If those linemen are holding their blocks for 3 to 5 seconds and the QB still has the ball and hasn’t thrown it or running with it, then that’s not Jarrett’s fault! So go back to playing Xbox and PlayStation and call your own plays! Remember lots of teams didn’t have time to practice like they needed this year so yes good teams are losing games they shouldn’t and sorry teams are winning games they never would win!
If Jarrett is such an amazing play caller, why did GP even hire OCs? If JA is God's gift to football, then we might as well fire Sonny, Kill, and Meach and put him in the booth.

If JA is so amazing at coaching OL, why can anyone with eyes see that is the weakest group on the field? Looks like Max is running for his life out there. In 2014-16 when JA last coached the OL, JA's job was saved because Boykin turned nothing into something with his amazing ability to make guys miss while running for his life.

And frankly if he makes so many NFL players, he sure needs to step it up this year... We are a miracle fumble away from 0-3.

Also, please explain the drops from the inside receivers the last two years? Was that the players fault, or another coaching miracle from JA?

BubbaT

^^^^^^^I guess we know what Jarrett Andersons screen name is.
No this isn’t Coach Anderson’s screen name but I can read the post that others are posting about him and the frogs! All I’m doing is letting you and the others know facts because apparently you’re not familiar with the history of the frogs winning and the past! Also it’s apparent that you don’t much about coaching football either! Let that sink in!

BubbaT

First of all, lovely to make your acquaintance, Jarrett's cousin / brother / nephew / whatever.

You mean when he was Co-OC with a guy that is currently HC at Virginia Tech and doing ok? And then when that guy left, we went 7-6 / 4-8 and he got demoted?

What plays work well for "You have 1.5 seconds and then you're gonna get blasted by the entire defensive line"?

This is a bigger indictment on Anderson than you realize.

Agreed, if they gave Max 3-5 seconds that's be great. Instead, he has half that time at best. And that's when they aren't holding or false starting.
If Jarrett is such an amazing play caller, why did GP even hire OCs? If JA is God's gift to football, then we might as well fire Sonny, Kill, and Meach and put him in the booth.

If JA is so amazing at coaching OL, why can anyone with eyes see that is the weakest group on the field? Looks like Max is running for his life out there. In 2014-16 when JA last coached the OL, JA's job was saved because Boykin turned nothing into something with his amazing ability to make guys miss while running for his life.

And frankly if he makes so many NFL players, he sure needs to step it up this year... We are a miracle fumble away from 0-3.

Also, please explain the drops from the inside receivers the last two years? Was that the players fault, or another coaching miracle from JA?
Well first of all Jarrett isn’t the one that jumps offsides or causes a false start! That comes from the linemen being self discipline! Also remember all those linemen that are playing aren’t all his recruits, so blame the ones that recruited them and signed them. He’s not the blame for all the dropped passes because he’s not throwing or dropping them! The players are to be blamed at some point!

BubbaT

Something doesn't add up....
4i2wyx.jpg

Only one variable can explain this... Jarrett Anderson.
How is Coach Anderson to be the blame for those stats? Numbers look good to me, except that the defense is the one that gave up the points for K-State to win!

Zubaz

Well first of all Jarrett isn’t the one that jumps offsides or causes a false start!
No, he just coaches the squad that does.

That comes from the linemen being self discipline!
Ah, it's not the coaches fault! They need to "self discipline"!

Also remember all those linemen that are playing aren’t all his recruits
He's been the O-Line coach since 2014. Yes, these are his recruits.

He’s not the blame for all the dropped passes because he’s not throwing or dropping them!
What dropped passes did we have on Saturday? If anything, our receivers are WAY better this year catching contested passes.

Numbers look good to me, except that the defense is the one that gave up the points for K-State to win!
1). Numbers shouldn't look good to you. Take out the last two drives when their D had a two score lead and played prevent, and the numbers are garbage.

2) Defense gave up 14 points. That should be good enough to win 98% of the time. Defense is not to blame for this loss.

BubbaT

No he hasn’t so there you go not knowing what your talking about again!

What dropped passes did we have on Saturday? If anything, our receivers are WAY better this year catching contested passes.

1). Numbers shouldn't look good to you. Take out the last two drives when their D had a two score lead and played prevent, and the numbers are garbage.

2) Defense gave up 14 points. That should be good enough to win 98% of the time. Defense is not to blame for this loss.
Neither does Jarrett Anderson.
No this isn’t Coach Anderson’s screen name but I can read the post that others are posting about him and the frogs! All I’m doing is letting you and the others know facts because apparently you’re not familiar with the history of the frogs winning and the past! Also it’s apparent that you don’t much about coaching football either! Let that sink in!

BubbaT

Here you go saying take out the last two drives! Well what if we would have done a lot things differently, maybe TCU would have won! You can’t say those things after the game and blame Coach Anderson!

Eight

Well first of all Jarrett isn’t the one that jumps offsides or causes a false start! That comes from the linemen being self discipline! Also remember all those linemen that are playing aren’t all his recruits, so blame the ones that recruited them and signed them. He’s not the blame for all the dropped passes because he’s not throwing or dropping them! The players are to be blamed at some point!

curiuos, what dropped passes?

wide receiver play for the most part has been significantly better and why would a quarterback who throws a catchable ball be responsible for a dropped pass.

since you have this profound incite please let us know who is responsible for continually asking the offensive line to try to run block and pass block with the wide splits when they struggle to cut off quicker inside rushers or pass block out in space?

whose decision is it to continue to block without helping the tackles and whose decision is it to go away from the running game which has been effective

finally, nice to throw the players under the proverbial bus especially when the problems we are seeing in the offense have extended beyond the time of the players on the roster

Uncle_Frog

Well since we are talking about losing and Jarrett Anderson, let’s talk about winning! When Jarrett was the OC and Co-OC I remember TCU winning and going to bowl games! More than any and ever before, so let’s don’t blame Jarrett! Jarrett isn’t calling the plays anymore for some reason. Apparently the one who is isn’t doing his job. Jarrett Anderson knows more about football probably more than some of the ones making decisions and calls! Coach Anderson has had more recruits sent to the NFL than any other coach on this team! If those linemen are holding their blocks for 3 to 5 seconds and the QB still has the ball and hasn’t thrown it or running with it, then that’s not Jarrett’s fault! So go back to playing Xbox and PlayStation and call your own plays! Remember lots of teams didn’t have time to practice like they needed this year so yes good teams are losing games they shouldn’t and sorry teams are winning games they never would win!
If I had no idea what position group JA coaches this year and you told me to guess I would automatically say O Line. Without fail, his position group always under performs and then when he moves to a new spot, his previous position group automatically improves the following season.

Doesn’t take a genius to know the O Line was going to suck with him coaching it. And here we are.

HFrog12

Yes, or at least they were checking to see if had been hurt on a prior hit.

Unfortunately we will never know. Covid world allows Gary to close off any communication to the outside world. Offensive staff will never be able to explain themselves and we will be lost wondering.

HFrog12

gary closed off communication to the outside world beyond his purple curtain long, long, long. long prior to the covid

Absolutely. But this year it is over the top. We don't even get post game video interviews published. You can go find Chris Klieman talking after the game but GP is nowhere to be found, at least I haven't been able to find it. Happy to be proven wrong so I can see just how he responded. Not that we would be able to glean anything from it.