• The KillerFrogs

Bad news Astros haters

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Niekro_oq0urivp.gif

Pinedatar_1ptfafgm.gif
Where's the vid of Bart Giamatti throwing out that Dodger pitcher lo these many years ago?

netty2424

I don’t disagree that the Astros were cheating, and that it tarnished things, but I don’t understand why the 2018 Red Sox aren’t getting the same flak. Or the Yankees. They were all cheating. It’s kind of like the Patriots and all the grief they’ve gotten, yet there’s multiple others teams that have gotten busted for various infractions that we never talk about. I’m fine with criticism, but at least be consistent and honest about it. It’s BS when we use one player/team to make a point about a situation and let everyone else off the hook
Classic deflection. I didn’t start the thread therefore I didn’t pick the topic.

If some Astros fan wants to start a thread talking ship, the Houston fans should expect a little ship talk coming back.

If you want to start a thread about the Yankees, I won’t try to stop you.

netty2424

Making the ALCS (4th straight) without Cole, Verlander, Osuna, Yordan, Lunhow and Hinch. Such a tarnished team. Comparing rape cover up to what every other team in the MLB was doing. Hope this image helps with all the salt.

59fb30dd58a0c131008b58cb
Fake news. Dirty ownership, dirty front office, dirty players. Astros will forever get the asterisk whether you want to believe it or not. You’ll never shake it.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
You’re correct, I’ll apply it however I’d like. And as I mentioned to Jake, feel free to start a thread about how TCU should have an asterisk. I won’t stop you.

I was in no way asserting we should. It just makes your argument look pretty flimsy and confrontational. Just trying to be rational calling an apple an apple, not trying to get in dispute. Hate away.

netty2424

I was in no way asserting we should. It just makes your argument look pretty flimsy and confrontational. Just trying to be rational calling an apple an apple, not trying to get in dispute. Hate away.
I‘m not trying to prove my argument to you. Astros organization is dirty. Period. That cannot be denied.

History has proven itself the be more forgiving when people come clean. When they don’t, they get the Lance Armstrong, Baylor, Roger Clemens treatment. Remind me who Roger played for again? I forget.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I‘m not trying to prove my argument to you. Astros organization is dirty. Period. That cannot be denied.

History has proven itself the be more forgiving when people come clean. When they don’t, they get the Lance Armstrong, Baylor, Roger Clemens treatment. Remind me who Roger played for again? I forget.

He did play for Houston for a while, but also played for Boston and New York.

No doubt the Astros were cheating, just doing it better than all the other teams that steal signs. I get that. But using your logic it's okay as long as it’s your guys? Otherwise you are saying TCU is dirty for all time because of Kenneth Davis, Egypt Allen et al and our apples are always apples while other guilty party’s apples turn to oranges for eternity.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The commissioner threw a a player out of a game?
Yep. Well, he wasn't Commissioner at the time, merely the National League President. He was in a field box for an NLCS game with the Dodgers, and one of the Dodger pitchers had a "foreign substance" on his hat (or glove). The Head Umpire, after looking at the object in question with the other umps, took the item over to the Box and showed Giamatti. He stood up and threw the player out of the game.