• The KillerFrogs

It’s time for UT to hire Saban

Froggish

Saban doesn’t care about money. You can only spend so much if it and he has a boat load. The only way he leaves AL is to prove something...I’m not sure what else he would need to prove but that would be the only reason to leave Bama

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
When compiling a list of reasons to leave Alabama, never forget white barbecue sauce.
giphy.gif

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
This is a satirical post. UT entitled world view is delusional. The coaches they think they could buy would never take the job:

1.) The UT culture is mainly about money as their system is coin operated across the board. Boosters are completely in charge of UT that is how it has always been. The big donors truly have influence in athletic decisions.

2.) UT is delusional about their brand. They see their football program as an elite historic power. However their history does not compare to the other schools truly in that class. Schools like Alabama, Ohio State, even Nebraska and Miami have way more titles and accomplishments than UT. It’s not even close.

Yes UT has high number of total wins, however many of those go back to the days when they used their money to exploit the system. For example, before there were scholarship caps, they could buy up all the state’s talent .

The main theme of the UT culture is big money and that is about it.

UT made a lot of hay against some weak SWC foes. TCU much of the time, Baylor almost always, Rice always save a few years, Tech was mediocre, Gaggies mostly their whipping boys, SMU when their payroll suffered, so that pretty much left the Pigs as their only real competition and Houston when they first joined.

Froglaw

The only goos coaching move they made since Mack was Charlie Strong. Problem was that Strong did not have strong assistant coaches. For whatever reason, they just stunk.

Urban Meyer is the EXACT wrong move for UT. That entire program needs a cleanse, but the cleanse should start with the boosters. It’s the same problem Aggy has. Boosters are too strong and have too much sway.

Interesting.

TCU's Frog Club is part of the University and run by an employee.

Are the Texas exes and Aggie Stormtroopers (whatever) subject to the will of the Trustees?

They do not appear to have any handcuffs or desire to cooperate with their respective governing bodies.

BrewingFrog

Interesting.

Are the Texas exes and Aggie Stormtroopers (whatever) subject to the will of the Trustees?

They do not appear to have any handcuffs or desire to cooperate with their respective governing bodies.
Well, if you recall, the Association of Former Students (A&M) sued Texas A&M University over the re-seating and re-apportioning of seats and perks a few years ago. Seems that what we plain folks understand to be "Lifetime" does not mean what we think it means...

Same thing happened at Tennessee.

Like our own bitter "re-seating" experience, there comes a time when Universities have to make a decision between filthy lucre and their loyal fans. The loyal fans lose every time. Thus, it isn't surprising that there is an element of hostility towards the Management at these places.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Well, if you recall, the Association of Former Students (A&M) sued Texas A&M University over the re-seating and re-apportioning of seats and perks a few years ago. Seems that what we plain folks understand to be "Lifetime" does not mean what we think it means...

Same thing happened at Tennessee.

Like our own bitter "re-seating" experience, there comes a time when Universities have to make a decision between filthy lucre and their loyal fans. The loyal fans lose every time. Thus, it isn't surprising that there is an element of hostility towards the Management at these places.

Maybe not a decision between, but combo of each. Otherwise people would be still sitting in old Amon Carter and we’d still be in AAA. And I’d guess some of those money people are very loyal (sometimes too much says the NCAA).

BrewingFrog

Maybe not a decision between, but combo of each. Otherwise people would be still sitting in old Amon Carter and we’d still be in AAA. And I’d guess some of those money people are very loyal (sometimes too much says the NCAA).
Without pulling out the quarterstaff and delivering manful thwacks to the deceased equine (again), I believe we can all agree that the TCU re-seating could have been handled far and away better than it was. Additionally, the folks that actually put up the money were well taken care of. I don't mind that a bit. Put up $10-90,000,000 and you ought to get a good place to sit and a private place to pee. It is all those other folks who supported TCU in more humble ways through the Dark Times that got kicked to the curb. My point was that loyalty doesn't flow two ways anymore (if it ever did in the first place), and TCU is hardly the first outfit to suffer a backlash in the wake of such actions.

helcap

Interesting.

I think that might be related to the State vs Private school issue.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Without pulling out the quarterstaff and delivering manful thwacks to the deceased equine (again), I believe we can all agree that the TCU re-seating could have been handled far and away better than it was. Additionally, the folks that actually put up the money were well taken care of. I don't mind that a bit. Put up $10-90,000,000 and you ought to get a good place to sit and a private place to pee. It is all those other folks who supported TCU in more humble ways through the Dark Times that got kicked to the curb. My point was that loyalty doesn't flow two ways anymore (if it ever did in the first place), and TCU is hardly the first outfit to suffer a backlash in the wake of such actions.

I understand, but I think it is kind of like those can’t live with them, can’t live without them things.