• The KillerFrogs

It’s time for UT to hire Saban

I am not sure why Texas has waited so long to hire coach Saban away from Alabama. If you recall a few years back they almost did that deal. I mean everybody knows UT is every coaches dream job. UT is so rich and powerful they could make him take the job.

Eight

Isn't there a guy coaching out on the East Coast doing real well right now? Took a team that couldn't win anything and has them looking real good.

Mack somebody...

mack and a good part of his staff were just going through the motions in austin and he had every plan to walk away after the nc title game against bama, but mccoy got hurt, the decay had set into the program, and mack benefited from being out of coaching but near the game

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
mack and a good part of his staff were just going through the motions in austin and he had every plan to walk away after the nc title game against bama, but mccoy got hurt, the decay had set into the program, and mack benefited from being out of coaching but near the game
Last year, the lovely Mrs. Brewingfrog was watching their game against Clemson, and noted of Mack "He actually looks like he's having fun again." I can't imagine how miserable his last two years must have been down in Austin.

I was absolutely reveling in the schadenfreudelicious predicament of the UT folk, with one more loss to go before going completely berzerk and running screaming down I-35 at midnight naked, with their hair on fire.

There's no meltdown like a UT meltdown...

Eight

I miss Peewee Herman already.

91ab316805e2f7fceec35cfeca273992-original.jpg

JugbandFrog

The only goos coaching move they made since Mack was Charlie Strong. Problem was that Strong did not have strong assistant coaches. For whatever reason, they just stunk.

Urban Meyer is the EXACT wrong move for UT. That entire program needs a cleanse, but the cleanse should start with the boosters. It’s the same problem Aggy has. Boosters are too strong and have too much sway.

HG73

The only goos coaching move they made since Mack was Charlie Strong. Problem was that Strong did not have strong assistant coaches. For whatever reason, they just stunk.

Urban Meyer is the EXACT wrong move for UT. That entire program needs a cleanse, but the cleanse should start with the boosters. It’s the same problem Aggy has. Boosters are too strong and have too much sway.
No way that happens. Good for us.

Horny4TCU

I hope Herman beats Zero U this upcoming week. He needs to keep this job, so we can keep dominating them.

With the problems Mack, Strong, and now Herman are having, something must be going on down there. Something extremely toxic and hard to control. The fact three decent coaches can't get the ship righted, makes me think the kids, environment, and perhaps even administration have some skeletons that makes them untouchable and hard to discipline.

hometown frog

I hope Herman beats Zero U this upcoming week. He needs to keep this job, so we can keep dominating them.

With the problems Mack, Strong, and now Herman are having, something must be going on down there. Something extremely toxic and hard to control. The fact three decent coaches can't get the ship righted, makes me think the kids, environment, and perhaps even administration have some skeletons that makes them untouchable and hard to discipline.
It’s the big money cigar group down there. They are unable to step away and let any coach install their system. Too stuck on collecting starsies and not allowing a coach to build an actual program. You know to do it right, you gotta make some tough decisions to recalibrate. But that would mean losing. And no booster will allow that. I honestly don’t think Saban would last down there. He’d tick off too many cigars and retire to his boat.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

That's half the fun of Observing From Afar: Watching the duelling groups of Bigfoot Boosters warring it out over who to hire next, and then watching the losing side spend all their time afterwards undermining the Coach they didn't want.

It is alleged that Darrell Royal said, "I win just enough to keep 'em sullen."

froghair

That's half the fun of Observing From Afar: Watching the duelling groups of Bigfoot Boosters warring it out over who to hire next, and then watching the losing side spend all their time afterwards undermining the Coach they didn't want.

It is alleged that Darrell Royal said, "I win just enough to keep 'em sullen."
Few thing are more satisfying than entitlement denied.