• The KillerFrogs

Some Things Don’t Change

Most of the time I’m okay with everyone’s opinions because they are just that: opinions. But anyone who holds the “opinion” that what we heard today from Gus and Joel was anything other than repulsive and unprofessional is simply wrong.
My problem with Gus is and always has been that he’s just a cliche machine. In addition he contrives excitement and forces in stories and little epigrams that he clearly wrote out before the event. He doesn’t let the game come to him. That whole thing of UT player nicknames was embarrassing to hear.

Klatt is Klatt. He worships the blue blood programs. Listening to him kvetch about calls on UT as though the Frogs didn’t have the same crew calling penalties on them was comical

Paint It Purple

My problem with Gus is and always has been that he’s just a cliche machine. In addition he contrives excitement and forces in stories and little epigrams that he clearly wrote out before the event. He doesn’t let the game come to him. That whole thing of UT player nicknames was embarrassing to hear.

Klatt is Klatt. He worships the blue blood programs. Listening to him kvetch about calls on UT as though the Frogs didn’t have the same crew calling penalties on them was comical
Liked for epigrams. Guessing it’s like a vignette, maybe? Will look it up.

I like words. ;)

Paint It Purple

Lost a ton of respect for Joel and Gus today. Non-stop UT worshipping was unbearable.

Cherry on top was Gus talking about a 1990 UT/TAMU game - who freaking cares. Horns and Aggies forever stuck living in the past.
Ya just gotta love and enjoy the pain caused by beating Texas this often. ESPN just ran a game story and concluded with not an interview with the winning QB, but the losing QB. Graphic running at bottom of screen: “Texas loses to to TCU while ranked in top 10 for first time since 1961.”

Damn cockroaches.

netty2424

Ya just gotta love and enjoy the pain caused by beating Texas this often. ESPN just ran a game story and concluded with not an interview with the winning QB, but the losing QB. Graphic running at bottom of screen: “Texas loses to to TCU while ranked in top 10 for first time since 1961.”

Damn cockroaches.
CBS show College Scoreboard, or whatever it’s called before the primetime game kicked off showed a few highlights of the game. All UT plays except one, Max’s TD run. That was a only TCU highlight shown.

If you had the sound down, you would’ve thought UT won.

I think my favorite was on the lead-in the ESPN guy said "Texas losses to winless TCU". Normally winless is used when you've lost quite a few, not just one.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I think my favorite was on the lead-in the ESPN guy said "Texas losses to winless TCU". Normally winless is used when you've lost quite a few, not just one.
But it was so bad...

I got up and went to work in the pasture after the last UT TD. I figured that was it. But, I took along a little radio with me just to listen to something while I fiddled away. All I could get was the UT broadcast team, so, I was stuck with that. Funny thing is, they were far and away better than the FOX clowns, who were so awful in the UT tongue-bath that the 'mute' was hit about 30 seconds into the game.

The UT radio crew's call on the game-deciding fumble was pure comedy gold, in that they went from elation, to shock, then down to denial, then pained acceptance. The subsequent nonsense took long enough for me to drive back to the house, get back to the TV room and open a beer before we had to run out the clock.

Rabidfrog

if they said, "Garry Patterson's team" 10 times, it was five times too many.