• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
....big mistake JMO.

The OTS facilities at Medina Annex were in sad shape...as well as placing OTS out of sight (and out of mind) of the general officer commanding Lackland.

By moving to Maxwell, all non-USAFA officer accession programs were consolidated under a general officer. OTS also benefited from a $52 million MILCON project to build a new, dedicated OTS campus at Maxwell AFB--completed by 2004.

And, some rogue AETC/DP approved an OTS request to allow OTS MTI's to wear the same hat as the BMT MTI's...which was a morale boost (and moral victory) for the former.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I got my MPA from Auburn University Montgomery while attending Air Command and Staff College at Maxwell in 1997. Hardest 10 months of my life.

Kudos to you. That was a slog and a half--knew many a student trying to do both.

I was assigned to ACSC in 1977. Perhaps the most enjoyable 18 months of my career.

HFrog1999

What kind of a-hole attacks Rick Moranis

z_JSr7IOmzN1lu8ktWnJ5LR0fyU.gif

ShadowFrog

Moderators
The OTS facilities at Medina Annex were in sad shape...as well as placing OTS out of sight (and out of mind) of the general officer commanding Lackland.

By moving to Maxwell, all non-USAFA officer accession programs were consolidated under a general officer. OTS also benefited from a $52 million MILCON project to build a new, dedicated OTS campus at Maxwell AFB--completed by 2004.

And, some rogue AETC/DP approved an OTS request to allow OTS MTI's to wear the same hat as the BMT MTI's...which was a morale boost (and moral victory) for the former.

Good info/perspective. Mine was OTS Medina 88-89 had the run of the place which was good. Later attending SOS Maxwell ‘96 I saw how cramped OTS was fairly newly arrived—I felt bad for them. I completely approve of the D&C NCO’s getting the TI hat tho. They were the only ones scarring the crap outta smart alec college boys (who needed it).