• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
That was disappointing but probably the outcome we should have expected. As a Stars fan I am now 1-4 in Stanley Cup Finals. I’d like another win.

It was like they were out of gas or something. No energy at all on offense until it was too late. I had got so used to seeing them come back over and over during this playoff run. Kept expecting to see it one more time but it never happened.

Mean Purple

I was able to enjoy watching the stars last night. Not because I’m a super fan, but because I don’t know [ What the heck? ] any of the rules are in hockey. For example, there was an “icing” penalty or some such and I had no idea what was going on but it was entertaining. We go to Shreveport Mudbugs hockey games occasionally. It’s a good time for me to sit back and enjoy a sport without freaking out and screaming about stuff.
Just remember ... If you don't play this game with a big heart and a big bag of knuckles in front of the net, you don't got dinky-do.

froginmn

Ha, I heard on the Twins TV broadcast that Giolito for the White Sox had thrown six perfect innings against the A's.

Switched over to ESPN to take a look but not quick enough to see that he'd given up a hit.

Paging Kaylee Hartung.

Eight

Don't the have a multi campus set up and a ton of folks through their online system? They have pretty big alum system.

no idea really, heck i didn't even know they were located in a town called troy until this afternoon

they do however report over 100,000 alums so i would guess there are more than a few distance learners

Mean Purple

no idea really, heck i didn't even know they were located in a town called troy until this afternoon

they do however report over 100,000 alums so i would guess there are more than a few distance learners
While I don't know how much of it ties to military personnel like Maryland does, but they have had a great rep with their distance learning. To the point that Bama stepped up their game in that area.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
While I don't know how much of it ties to military personnel like Maryland does, but they have had a great rep with their distance learning. To the point that Bama stepped up their game in that area.

"Since 1950, Troy University has served and supported the United States Armed forces and the men and women who serve or who have served in uniform, their spouses and their dependents. The University proudly counts some 60 flag officers among the ranks of its alumni, has a presence on or near over 30 military installations worldwide and participates in online learning programs with all service branches. For generations, Troy University has understood the needs of the military student and has built a military inclusive institution offering a broad range of high quality, very affordable undergraduate and graduate academic programs supported by outstanding student services."

https://www.troy.edu/military-veterans/index.html

Back in the 70's, I was reassigned before I completed all the classes I needed for my Masters degree.

I took one course from Troy on-base at Maxwell AFB (Montgomery AL). (I also took two courses from AUM.)

Officers attending professional military schools at Maxwell could/would also sign up and concurrently complete a Masters degree through Troy.

Last edited:
"Since 1950, Troy University has served and supported the United States Armed forces and the men and women who serve or who have served in uniform, their spouses and their dependents. The University proudly counts some 60 flag officers among the ranks of its alumni, has a presence on or near over 30 military installations worldwide and participates in online learning programs with all service branches. For generations, Troy University has understood the needs of the military student and has built a military inclusive institution offering a broad range of high quality, very affordable undergraduate and graduate academic programs supported by outstanding student services."

Back in the 70's, I was reassigned before I completed all the classes I needed for my Masters degree.

I took one course from Troy on-base at Maxwell AFB (Montgomery AL). (I also took two courses from UAB.)

Officers attending professional military schools at Maxwell could/would also sign up and concurrently complete a Masters degree through Troy.
The Embrey Riddle of their time. Pay your fees get your Bs.
Sorry for the inside baseball USAF advanced degree reference

Mean Purple

I took one course from Troy on-base at Maxwell AFB (Montgomery AL). (I also took two courses from UAB.)

Were there cadre at Maxwell for OTS back then? Just wondering.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
The Embrey Riddle of their time. Pay your fees get your Bs.
Sorry for the inside baseball USAF advanced degree reference

In the 70's, the major purveyor of "Master's Degrees in Tuition Payment" on most bases was Webster College (now University).

In the 80's the military masters industry attracted some big names: For example, you could get a Masters from Michigan State at Lakenheath.

Just checked and the degree programs at Lakenheath now include Maryland, Oklahoma, Embry-Riddle, and Central Texas.