• The KillerFrogs

Why was one of our biggest offensive weapons not on the field till late?

Diehard

You said it better than I did.

You know, maybe Gary and Kill gave Cumbie and team a game to work their magic and now Kill will make "adjustments". He wasn't hired just because he and GP are best man buddies. He does know offense and how to score points. That said, who knows. And on a different note. The receivers created some separation and caught better. Wonder why?

Putt4Purple

One game. Some of you guys are over the top. If the Frogs had won by 30 points some would think were on our way to the national championship or either would find fault with the coaching, players time, performance or attendance in some form or fashion. Yes its a forum for opinion but man you guys are a beating!!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
One game. Some of you guys are over the top. If the Frogs had won by 30 points some would think were on our way to the national championship or either would find fault with the coaching, players time, performance or attendance in some form or fashion. Yes its a forum for opinion but man you guys are a beating!!
One game. Yes, it was. The issue is that it is the same pattern we have looked at for two years running. Nothing seems to have changed, and thus no one seems to think that the outcome of the season will be any different.

Putt4Purple

One game. Yes, it was. The issue is that it is the same pattern we have looked at for two years running. Nothing seems to have changed, and thus no one seems to think that the outcome of the season will be any different.

The loss was the same yes but I saw positives. The offense had some continuity especially the receivers after Duggin got in the game. The running backs even though lightly used are much better. Faster and hitting the hole harder. More harmonious even though the first game. I see a lot of potential here IF Gary returns the defense to what we all have expected. There is change but unfortunately the loss IS the same. Go Frogs.

asleep003

Find your two best running backs and your six best receivers and play them on 95% of the snaps and be done with it. This deal where each RB gets 2-3 carries and 10 receivers get targeted in a game is counter-productive.

Sometimes our offensive coaching staff makes it really hard to believe that they know what in the hell they are doing.

More interested in finding the 5 very best OL blockers and playing them... period. A lot of different dudes in there. You would think they would know who those 5 best are by now !

PO Frog

You know, maybe Gary and Kill gave Cumbie and team a game to work their magic and now Kill will make "adjustments". He wasn't hired just because he and GP are best man buddies. He does know offense and how to score points. That said, who knows. And on a different note. The receivers created some separation and caught better. Wonder why?
What are you basing your opinion that Jerry Kill knows offense on? I’m not doubting you but would love to see how that case is made.

Pharm Frog

I agree that Kill wasn’t hired “just” because they are “best man buddies” but I suspect that’s a very high percentage of why he is here. Very high percentage.

ticketfrog123

who was the receivers coach last year? JA?

4th. down

The rotations of all our skill players is mind-boggling to me, and has been for some time. Just way to many incidents of a guy making some plays early on only to never be seen for four straight possessions, and then vice versa, a guy showing up later in the game in crunch time that you damn near forgot was on the roster. It's like the coaches are hell bent on NOT allowing anyone to really get into a rhythm.

Find your two best running backs and your six best receivers and play them on 95% of the snaps and be done with it. This deal where each RB gets 2-3 carries and 10 receivers get targeted in a game is counter-productive.

Sometimes our offensive coaching staff makes it really hard to believe that they know what in the hell they are doing.

I was really hoping that Kill would eliminate that nonsense but he hasn't.

Barlow/Foster should get at least 10 carries each and the 4 receivers should be Wells, Barber Spielman, and Johnston for 80% of our pass attempts. Why don't we try it? The way Max was throwing the ball and with those 4 receivers, we could score a bunch of points.

I don't really see that Kill has done that much from years past for comparison. It may just be much to do about nothing

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I think a good point to consider offensively is that it was the first with new coaches Kill and Meach and they will work on ironing things out. It is a shame we didn't get a game in before starting conference.

HG73

Yes, we win by 30 and I am driving the National Championship bus. Yessir.