• The KillerFrogs

Offensive line was not good

Eight

If I recall 3 of 5 were new starters.

2 of the 5 were time starters. avila at center and coker at right tackle.

austin as i said was a fifth year senior with multiple starts and game experience, wes harris started the last half of 2018 and is in his third year of the program, and white is a 4th year junior who has started before

Fosterpark Squatter

2 of the 5 were time starters. avila at center and coker at right tackle.

austin as i said was a fifth year senior with multiple starts and game experience, wes harris started the last half of 2018 and is in his third year of the program, and white is a 4th year junior who has started before
Thanks for the detailed info but I still think it's too early to write em off and that they overall are not the most expierenced.

TRF51

I think we need to just play the starters unless there is an injury. I like #69 but he is not as good as #79. Those two bad snaps killed our drives. Play the starters and let them get their chemistry. Keep a back in to help our OTs.

HG73

The OL will be fine. Ran the ball well in the first half. Downing held the ball a little too long.
Offense was good in the second half with Max.
Bad snaps hurt. Nothing that can't be corrected.
Downing will get better, will be a solid backup.

Eight

They are going to annihilate us.

not sure, there is potential on the offensive side of the ball if they play to the strengths and not try to force a scheme

the last drive in some ways was really disconcerting though

defensively this team has to be able to stop the run with the front 6, frogs are scheiss if they can't as the offenses in the big 12 have too much talent and too well schemed for the defense to work with the frogs having to play that extra safety up

if they can control the run with the front 6 it allows gary to scheme with the back 5 otherwise he is reacting to the offenses

do they do that with a 4-man front or a 3-man front? not sure as the defensive ends and tackles at times struggled in the run game. if they get cooper back soon does that allow bowen to go outside? can mathis and workman hold up in the run game because this is becoming a more physical conference in the run game.

TX_Krötenechse

I thought the G were both solid and Coker did pretty well at RT for his first start.

Myers continued to be a disappointment, he hasn’t been good at tackle in his TCU career. I was hoping Storment would win the job but apparently he’s not even good enough to crack the 2-deep (although with Anderson coaching and evaluating him, who knows).

Avila was ... spotty. Seemed to do well most plays but also had some blunders with the snap and needed help from the G to stop the nose tackle, which as pointed out left an inside hole open for the their DE.

OL will improve (except maybe Myers, he’s a known quantity at this point). I’m more concerned about our defensive line.

Wexahu

I thought the G were both solid and Coker did pretty well at RT for his first start.

Myers continued to be a disappointment, he hasn’t been good at tackle in his TCU career. I was hoping Storment would win the job but apparently he’s not even good enough to crack the 2-deep (although with Anderson coaching and evaluating him, who knows).

Avila was ... spotty. Seemed to do well most plays but also had some blunders with the snap and needed help from the G to stop the nose tackle, which as pointed out left an inside hole open for the their DE.

OL will improve (except maybe Myers, he’s a known quantity at this point). I’m more concerned about our defensive line.

I think it was the other center who had the snap issues, wasn't it?

Avila did ok at times but he still looks out of shape to me. A couple plays in particular I saw where he just looked completely gassed and wasn't making much of an effort to move at all.

TX_Krötenechse

I think it was the other center who had the snap issues, wasn't it?

Avila did ok at times but he still looks out of shape to me. A couple plays in particular I saw where he just looked completely gassed and wasn't making much of an effort to move at all.
You might be right, I don’t have all the jersey numbers down yet. Even so I think Avila was spotty, kind of like Myers I felt like he was decent in run blocking but looked lost in pass blocking

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
not sure, there is potential on the offensive side of the ball if they play to the strengths and not try to force a scheme

the last drive in some ways was really disconcerting though

defensively this team has to be able to stop the run with the front 6, frogs are scheiss if they can't as the offenses in the big 12 have too much talent and too well schemed for the defense to work with the frogs having to play that extra safety up

if they can control the run with the front 6 it allows gary to scheme with the back 5 otherwise he is reacting to the offenses

do they do that with a 4-man front or a 3-man front? not sure as the defensive ends and tackles at times struggled in the run game. if they get cooper back soon does that allow bowen to go outside? can mathis and workman hold up in the run game because this is becoming a more physical conference in the run game.
My worry is that I saw a lot of give-up last season when things were getting out of hand. A lot was riding on the first game, and methinks team morale was one of them: It wasn't left completely broken on the field, but it is pretty dinged up.

In looking at the two teams the other day, I saw a confident UT squad that got down but didn't lose their poise. They kept believing. Their QB was inspirational and upbeat. That faith and perseverance paid off, and they escaped Lubbock with a win and a lot of mental positives. They will have a good week of practice in Austin, and will be laying in wait for some payback in their own house.

The Frogs, OTOH, are still beset with questions. The New and Improved Offensive Staff still can't figure out a game plan, can't play to our strengths, and puts players in a position to fail. The Defense played well overall, but blew several plays that lost the game. "Mostly Successful" isn't going to cut it. Failure is habit-forming, and we're falling back into a well-worn rut.

Purdy and ISU played pretty well, considering their start, but the UT bunch is far better both from a personnel and execution standpoint. The UT crew has the confidence of winning and executing with style. We still don't know who in the hell we are.

I just don't see us suddenly developing a team identity over the next 4 days, or shaking the indecision and lack of confidence displayed on Saturday. We ain't got that swagger. Yeah, we beat UT last season when we were having a lousy season, but this season is different, and I just don't have the feeling that there is enough there to jell around.

Diehard

Besides the defense being gashed off-tackle for several huge running plays one of my biggest takeaways is that we couldn't block and stop a three-man rush on passing plays. (Plus some disastrous snaps).

On the offensive line:
"To be honest, we have to better against a three-man rush. We are going up against a four-man rush next week. You have to give Iowa State some credit, they have some pretty good players. We have a week to prepare though and there is a lot to do between now and then for us to get these guys better."

As Wes would say........"Anderson"

Mean Purple

There is always a constant in football. The team who's defensive line can beat the opponents offensive line is gonna win. And their war daddies pushed our O-line around quite a bit.
I think everyone sees the O-line problem.

But how about our D-line? How do folks feel they did? Not just on some plays, but whole game wise. Because it seemed like last year.