• The KillerFrogs

Where does LHCGP go?

Mean Purple

Nobody want to see Patterson leave. Some of y'all think we can't contend for the big championship, I say you're candy asses and should go take up knitting. GP can go beast on folks and he has proven it.
All that said, there is a reality in that business ...
Nobody get s a walk season after season when they are paid more than 4 million bucks. This season is different, but if there is no turn around, that seat will be hot next year.
I know we are worried about life after Patterson, but if the worry is that things go back to where they were ... take a look at the last few years' trend. GP needs to have a good season. Some of you wonder what a good season would be, well, here it is. He needs to win two more than he loses. That would be getting back in a good direction.
And another reality folks should get ready for: That may mean 3 and 2 for the season. Not because our guys could get that sick, but the testing protocol is nuts and they are over cycling these tests and getting false positives everywhere. But here's the thing, if we get 5 games in, that is one more than the 4 we would get before having to redshirt players. If we go 5 and 3, even better. 6 and 3 --- oh, [ Finebaum ], pop the corks.

This year has challenges, but those challenges offer some advantages to be taken.

Wexahu

Nobody want to see Patterson leave. Some of y'all think we can't contend for the big championship, I say you're candy asses and should go take up knitting. GP can go beast on folks and he has proven it.
All that said, there is a reality in that business ...
Nobody get s a walk season after season when they are paid more than 4 million bucks. This season is different, but if there is no turn around, that seat will be hot next year.
I know we are worried about life after Patterson, but if the worry is that things go back to where they were ... take a look at the last few years' trend. GP needs to have a good season. Some of you wonder what a good season would be, well, here it is. He needs to win two more than he loses. That would be getting back in a good direction.
And another reality folks should get ready for: That may mean 3 and 2 for the season. Not because our guys could get that sick, but the testing protocol is nuts and they are over cycling these tests and getting false positives everywhere. But here's the thing, if we get 5 games in, that is one more than the 4 we would get before having to redshirt players. If we go 5 and 3, even better. 6 and 3 --- oh, [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ], pop the corks.

This year has challenges, but those challenges offer some advantages to be taken.

I know it's more complicated than this and people see different things, but I just want to feel like when watching a game, we are the better coached team. Been pretty infrequent lately to be honest.

Used to be a team that found a way to win. Now it's the opposite. At no time during that game did I think we'd win, I just figured we'd find a way to lose, and that is what poorly coached teams do.

DeuceBoogieNights

In this hypothetical where Gary decides to keep coaching, I don't see him landing at a blue blood type program. I think schools like Oregon State, Arizona, Syracuse, Maryland or somewhere like that would be interested. Second-tier football schools hoping to build up the program.

Salfrog

Tier 1
So you want to get rid of a coach who would win a NC within three years somewhere else.

That’s funny.

And I’m not saying it might not be time to start thinking of life after GP, but he ain’t winning a NC within 3 years at any school that would consider him as their head coach.

I don't see GP winning a NC anywhere with his band of idiot assistant coaching bro's. He definitely still has it in him to win a NC, but I never see it happening because he is too stubborn to get rid of the dead weight of coaches on his staff.

I understand him wanting to show his loyalty to his coaches, but at the same, it will also be the undoing of his legacy.

Eight

I don't see GP winning a NC anywhere with his band of idiot assistant coaching bro's. He definitely still has it in him to win a NC, but I never see it happening because he is too stubborn to get rid of the dead weight of coaches on his staff.

I understand him wanting to show his loyalty to his coaches, but at the same, it will also be the undoing of his legacy.

does have the ring of a greek tragedy or something written by the bard of avon

Rabidfrog

Say we don’t make a bowl. LHCGP is let go. He does not seem like he would retire. Where would he go? Who would take him?

Florida State as head coach?
*I cannot even fathom how good his D could be if he had that kind of size and speed.

Miss State as a DC?
*paired up with Leach. Man, that’d be something.

Va Tech as DC?
*Pairing up with Fuente would be interesting.

Oklahoma as DC?
*Finally give their D some spark.
i think he gets one more year if this year is mediocre. Then if we don't win, say 8, in 2021 he retires or resigns

UCLA/USC as HC?
*He wouldn’t beed a big contract, and he wouldn’t sweat as much.

Eeek, UT as HC?
Oh I’d hate CDC forever if he did this.

now don’t get me wrong. I love LHCGP. I think he needs a fresh start. I would follow him wherever he would go, and it would be easier for him to get the players he needs for his system, he could restart with a fresh batch of coaches, and a new conference that doesn’t know the ins and outs of his system. In 3 years, he’d win an NC.

netty2424

Say we don’t make a bowl. LHCGP is let go. He does not seem like he would retire. Where would he go? Who would take him?

Florida State as head coach?
*I cannot even fathom how good his D could be if he had that kind of size and speed.

Miss State as a DC?
*paired up with Leach. Man, that’d be something.

Va Tech as DC?
*Pairing up with Fuente would be interesting.

Oklahoma as DC?
*Finally give their D some spark.

UCLA/USC as HC?
*He wouldn’t beed a big contract, and he wouldn’t sweat as much.

Eeek, UT as HC?
Oh I’d hate CDC forever if he did this.

now don’t get me wrong. I love LHCGP. I think he needs a fresh start. I would follow him wherever he would go, and it would be easier for him to get the players he needs for his system, he could restart with a fresh batch of coaches, and a new conference that doesn’t know the ins and outs of his system. In 3 years, he’d win an NC.
GP isn’t going anywhere nor should he.

He certainly isn’t going to Austin. Could you imagine him getting along with the LHN folks shoving cameras in his face all day every day.