• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Eight

Observations....

1) Good to see so many key guys starting and going 90 minutes in Europe.
2) Curious that Dest didn't start.
3) Good to see Weah getting some minutes.
4) Is Steffen in line to see time for Man City when he gets healthy or is he a backup/loan candidate?
5) Really cool that we have young guys seeing the field (and some that are close to being stars) on top fight European teams like Dortmund, Juve, Chelsea, Ajax, Bayern, Leipzig.... not sure I ever thought that was gonna happen.

please tell me no one on nashville's back line is part of the us men's roster

mother and child, last time i saw that little effort from defenders was our son's u8 team when it was a 3:00 pm game in august

Purp

Looks like Bayern and Barca are both chasing after Dest right now. Perhaps why he didn't play much last game.
I might join @tcujsauce at watch parties if this were to happen. I could never root for Barca, though. It would be like Reagor to Philly, Doc to the Redskins, or Marcus Cannon and Josh Boyce in NE.

Portland Frog

Not that it's a major piece of hardware (England League Cup), but those matches it appears are on ESPN+, not Peacock. The 3rd round begins this week (Wednesday). Only EPL games are on Peacock. So if I wanted to watch LC games, I would need to subscribe to ESPN+ as well. SMH.

I wonder who will have the Champions League games? Probably neither Peacock or ESPN+; some other streaming service.

dawg

Not that it's a major piece of hardware (England League Cup), but those matches it appears are on ESPN+, not Peacock. The 3rd round begins this week (Wednesday). Only EPL games are on Peacock. So if I wanted to watch LC games, I would need to subscribe to ESPN+ as well. SMH.

I wonder who will have the Champions League games? Probably neither Peacock or ESPN+; some other streaming service.

CBS took over the rights beginning in August and is putting the vast majority on All-Access (their [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] streaming platform). If you have access to Univision*, you can watch the matches in Spanish (like we all used to do in the 1990s and early 00s).

*I know it's not available on YouTubeTV; not sure about Hulu or Fubo.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Chongo94

Yeah, all the cup games, including the FA Cup are on ESPN+ now.

Such a beating to have 3 different streaming services, which all cost extra, despite you already paying for the actual channels, just to watch a sport that you could’ve seen on 2 different fairly normal channels just 2 years ago.

Eight

Yeah, all the cup games, including the FA Cup are on ESPN+ now.

Such a beating to have 3 different streaming services, which all cost extra, despite you already paying for the actual channels, just to watch a sport that you could’ve seen on 2 different fairly normal channels just 2 years ago.

tenor.gif

Chongo94

Some crazy results this weekend. Think we will see a lot of this given how much soccer is being played and how quick the games are coming, players may lose focus or get super tired allowing for some interesting results at times.